Selecting "New Ticket" from within a contact is not autofilling the contact field with that contact

• 14 January 2019
  • 0 replies

Following the update just over a month ago 

At best this means we have to search for a user, open their contact details, select new ticket and then search for them again in the Contact field to proceed, which is quite a lot of time wasted.

At worst when we have selected New Ticket from a newly created contact it does the same and does not autofill the Contact field with the contact we were in; however, as the contact has just been created there is a delay of several minutes before that new contact shows up in searches so we cannot log a ticket for a new contact.

It's a serious issue for us.

I did mention it in a previous thread and to your credit you asked me for feedback but I'm afraid I was too busy (worst time of year for us) to deal with this issue at the time.

Previous thread was...

https://support.freshdesk.com/support/discussions/topics/324598

I was asked if there were any patterns to this issue, if the contact had any special characters etc. 

Some of the problem contacts did have a special character (a colon for example) but many of them were just a name, sometimes even just a first name.

I'd say at this point most of our contacts seem to be giving us this issue and certainly all newly created ones.

This topic has been closed for comments