Solved

‘Sending email’ failed due to “ app: e is undefined

• 9 February 2021
  • 15 replies

Badge +1

Hi could you please help me with this error message. I cannot find any reference to it elsewhere.

‘Sending email’ failed due to “ app: e is undefined

It appears as a pop-up and happens when I am trying to send a few Bcc emails (nearly 70) from FreshDesk. My guess is that there is a limit to the number one can bcc but I cannot find a refernce to that.

The email addresses are pasted in and all seem to resolve OK. The last few are shaded red but deleting them makes no difference.

Thank you.

icon

Best answer by Keer 30 March 2021, 14:45

View original

15 replies

Userlevel 1

Same issue. Any update?

relationship counseling

Userlevel 1

Haven’t resolved mine yet

marriage problems

Badge +1

Hi,

I had some help from Freshworks support and found that the maximum number of Bcc emails the can be sent is 29.

I have not yet tried it with 29 but I did with 12 and that worked.

Cheers,

J.

I am facing same issue

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @amijan and @geebranz, can you try clearing the cache/cookies and also try in incognito mode just to ensure that it’s not a browser/cache issue? 

Also, can you please check if your support email ID is verified? You can check this by navigating to Admin → Email and if you see the status as ‘Verified’ with a green highlight, you can confirm that your email is verified. If it’s not verified, can you try verifying the email address and try sending emails again to see if that helps. 

If both of the above steps didn’t help, can you write to support@freshdesk.com so that our support buddies can help you further?

Cheers, 

Keer, 

Freshworks Community Team

Badge +1

Hi,

as above. Make sure you are not trying to send more than 29 emails.

J.

no thnx! my issue has been resolved

Any update? facing Same issue.  auger

I am using script editor in google spreadsheets to send an auto response email. However, I received Summary of failures notifications suggesting an invalid email: undefined (on the Mail.App line). I don't know how this error came about. Please help. Thanks so much. read more...

function myFunction(e) {
var Nickname = e.values [2];
var email = e.values [10];
var subject = "Form Submitted"
var message =

"Thank you, " = + Nickname + ". Your response is accepted. You may want to check our website @ iydsphilippines.weebly.com for registration payment details. Thanks and we hope to see you soon!";

MailApp.sendEmail(email, subject, message);
}
Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hello @hamishna, apologies for not being able to get back to you sooner. If you are still facing the issue, can you write to support@freshdesk.com so that our support buddies can help you further? 

@ellamacrow, since you are sending an email using scripts, can you recheck if the sheet has a valid email address and the selection range has actual data here? If that’s right, please write to support@frehdesk.com with details of email failure and we’d be able to dig deeper into the issue. 

Thank you!

i am facing same problem

i was facing similar problem i found this thread and i solved my problems now. thankyou regards best fillet knife

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hello @johnson113, are you facing issues with sending an email? If could elaborate on the issue you are facing and share details on when the error pop-ups, we would be able to help you better here. 

Hello @johnson113, are you facing issues with sending an email? If could elaborate on the issue you are facing and share details on when the error pop-ups, we would be able to help you better here. 

how to tell you? would i need to take screenshot of error?

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Yes, you can definitely share a screenshot of the error message, @johnson113. Additionally, it would be great if you can elaborate more on the issue as to when the error message gets generated to assistyou accordingly. 

Thank you,

Freshworks Community Team