Solved

Setting the TXT for Cloudflare DNS

• 4 March 2021
  • 2 replies

Hi all.

Can someone help out with setting the TXT in Cloudflare dns?  This is how I did it and freshdesk is not recognizing it.  I have followed all the FAQ and I’m still having problem with it.

So under name I put the : fdkey.sudomain.freshdesk.com 
Under Content i put the fdkey

Did I do it right?  Cuz I’ve flip it all kind of variation and freshdesk is still not able to verify it.

I’ve tried this variation: 
So under name I put the : fdkey
Under Content i put the fdkey.sudomain.freshdesk.com 

Please help?

icon

Best answer by Keer 10 March 2021, 13:53

View original

2 replies

No one has done this in the past with the cloudflare?

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @ledude1, I hope you are doing well. 

I have elaborated the steps to add CNAME, TXT records in cludfar below. Can you try this and see if that does the trick? 

Type - CNAME 

Name - support (or add any name that you’d want to add. For example, if your domain is ex.com, if you add the name as support, your support URL would be support.ex.com)

Target - Your Freshdesk URL 

TTL -  Automatic

Click on the "Cloud" Icon under the status and change it to that of the grey one, so that it bypasses the proxy or any restrictions set up in Cloudflare.

Type - TXT

Name - fdkey.<what you’ve added as name in CNAME record> In this case, it would be fdkey.support

Value - Copy the value from Freshdesk

TTL - Automatic

Can you configure both the records in your DNS and add your URL in the Portal settings and see if that works? 

After publishing the records, you can do a quick CNAME lookup using this link: 

https://mxtoolbox.com/CNAMELookup.aspx

If the records are published successfully, when you enter your custom URL and click on CNAME lookup, your Freshdesk URL should be returned in the canonical name. 

If you need any further help, I’d suggest you write ti support.freshdesk.com and our support buddies would jump right in to help you further.