Question

Sexist Message in Freshdesk User Interface - Please remove it from your software immediately

• 3 November 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi Freshdesk Team,

Please remove the message “It’s a bird...it’s a plane...it’s Supportman!” from your software. This is sexist and it offends Support Analysts who identify as female. See the screenshot below. That appears from time to time when I refresh a list of tickets.

7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

I totally agree with JKB57. This is utterly sexist. C’mon guys. We are living in the year 2022, not 1999. Do the right thing and remove all such sexist messages from your software. It’s offensive.

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hi @JKB57 @FDGuy

First and Foremost we thank you for bringing this to our attention. We regret and take accountability on this and will make sure that it will be changed or removed with utmost priority. 

Thank you. 

Badge

@jim.stephen 

Thank you for understanding our needs. I look forward for your change and removal of this.

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

@JoeFresh123 Thank you, Joe. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi @JKB57 @FDGuy

First and Foremost we thank you for bringing this to our attention. We regret and take accountability on this and will make sure that it will be changed or removed with utmost priority. 

Thank you. 

Hi @jim.stephen 

Thank you for acknowledging this very serious issue with sexism in your software. Can you please let me know exactly what date we can expect the resolution to be released?

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

@jim.stephen Have you fixed this issue yet?

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hi @JKB57

Our Engineers are working on it and this will be fixed by the End of next week. The Approximate ETA will be 18th of November. Your patience is highly appreciated.