Solved

Show solution article in multiple folders or categories

• 5 January 2022
  • 8 replies

I found this ancient thread: https://support.freshdesk.com/support/discussions/topics/300507/page/3?url_locale=

But would also like to have the possibility to show a solution article in multiple folders.

We have multiple products with articles which apply to all, and some only to a few. Right now we’d need to greatly overhaul our main page or get a custom folder view but that’s not an option for us.

icon

Best answer by Pooja Bernice 31 May 2022, 17:46

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

yes please!! otherwise we have to duplicate folders/articles?

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Same here, this would save a lot of duplication. 

I found this ancient thread: https://support.freshdesk.com/support/discussions/topics/300507/page/3?url_locale=

But would also like to have the possibility to show a solution article in multiple folders for tech products. We have multiple products with articles which apply to all, and some only to a few. Right now we’d need to greatly overhaul our main page or get a custom folder view but that’s not an option for us.

Yeah you are right. We also have multiple products with articles and facing the same issue. If it become possible to show the solution in multiple folder so it will be easy and the user will also easily understand it.

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hi All,

Adding on to the thread, we finally have some good news, we have rolled out the flexible hierarchy feature for all accounts. This enables admins to structure their knowledge base architecture and organize content in a way that works for their audience.

Earlier, admins could organize knowledge base articles into a three-level hierarchy—Categories > Folders > Articles.

Flexible hierarchy scales the knowledge base architecture by enabling admins to **create folders up to 5 levels under each category** for better organization and seamless navigation. Admins can control how customers can access their knowledge base by setting permissions to view and manage articles at the first folder level.

Please refer to our link to set-this up in your accounts-

Creating categories, folders & solutions in your Knowledge Base : Freshdesk

Cheers!

The change is interesting, but the core issue for us is showing the same article under different folders. As far as I know, it is still not possible.

• If i create multiple portals, one for each product, can I move and duplicate folders between them?
  • If i want a folder or article to show in multiple categories, would this now be possible?

Our products are getting more complex, and we want to provide very targeted help. E.g. - “For info about product X, click here, for info about product X, click here” – I have to duplicate articles and take care of both of them across languages if we implement changes valid for both, that’s my issue.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

@Pooja Bernice :This feature does not seem to be enabled for us. When you say that this feature (flexible hierarchy) is available to all accounts, is it for all plans or still only for the Enterprise and Forest plans?

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

@ClaudiaAmpler  I do not know if this would meet your requirements but although you cannot share individual articles, it is possible, to add other Portals’ categories to any Portal by selecting the Portal, then going to the Manage Sections tab and select other Portals’ Categories in the Knowledge Base section. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I have been asking for this for years. We should be able to organize the knowledge base display based on tags. That would allow an article to show up under multiple categories and would be SO easy to do.

If you wanted to get a little fancy, you create the ability to set up a category/folder hierarchy and you can map each category and/or folder to a tag so that any article tagged with the same tag as the category or the folder would appear in that folder.