Sign In using Google / Facebook / Twitter?

• 15 November 2017
  • 4 replies

I'd like our customers to be able to use their social network accounts to log in rather than having to create yet another email/password to remember.

I've turned on the "Allow users to Sign in using... Google Twitter Facebook" checkboxes in the portal, but when I try to use the Google button to log in it says "Sorry! You do not have enough permission to access this page. Please contact your Account administrator or Signup from Freshdesk Home page". When I try to sign up using Facebook I get "We're sorry, but something went wrong. We've been notified about this issue and we'll take a look at it shortly."

Am I missing a step? Do these features not work if I have my own CNAME on the portal?

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hello Drew,

The login through any of these channels work with the custom domain , provided it has a SSL certificate to support the portal on https. Otherwise, these requests will not be validated and the user will be shown an error screen.

Cheers!

Ah! I had missed that step, thanks. ;)

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

No worries,Drew! Happy Freshdesk-ing :)

Cheers!

I have this problem as well. However, my portal URL is .freshdesk.com. Can you advise how we resolve this issue?