Question

Single-line custom text fields not available in Analytics

• 8 September 2021
  • 14 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I created a custom Single-line text Ticket field.

I want this to appear in reports I create in Analytics, 

There currently is no option to include these fields.

Are there any plans to allow this?  It seems logical that people would expect to be able to use these fields in reporting.  

Thanks

14 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hello @SpeedRacer,

Freshdesk does not support text fields in Analytics, at the moment. However, this surely is an interesting ask, we are happy to explore the possibilities of this feature being picked up and will keep you posted herewith any progress on the same. 

PS: It would be great if you can elaborate more on your business requirements for the need of the feature! :)

Thank you,

Freshworks Community Team

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi Hemanth,

There are many use cases for this.  The ability to add a free text custom field is incredible powerful and useful.  For example, we have a free text field for “Order Number” that denotes the order number related to that ticket.  When we create and send reports to our Ordering team, having the order number on the report let’s them know which order the ticket was relating to.  

There are many, many other use cases similar to this, as I’m sure your team will be able to foresee.

Thanks

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Thanks for sharing your insights, @SpeedRacer. Definitely! :)

Cheers,

Freshworks Community Team 

Badge +2

Can I just do a +1 on this? I am currently using the Export Tickets feature and Excel to analyse some of this data which the Analytics module can not do but it would be much better if we could do this within the Analytics module functionality.

I would like to add another +1 to @gabriel.bienzobas’s +1.

Looking at essentially the exact same use case. We have order ID as a custom field in tickets and want to essentially be able to count touches per order. 

This is an extremely standard and common use case. I’m also open to ideas/workarounds  if there are any. Though, exporting to Excel simply won’t work for us due to sheer volume.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hello @SpeedRacer I have to agree with you. Let’s get this ask over to the Ideas Portal of the community so that we all can upvote it and get it in front of the product teams. 

In my opinion, any data we enter into the platform we should be able to retrieve with Analytics and Reporting. Allowing access to all data types and fields would make the Analytics Module much more powerful! 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

@hemanth.ramya following the use cases we’ve provided, and the upvotes, what happens next?

Does this need to be made in to an”idea” ?

Badge +1

Hi Hemanth,

There are many use cases for this.  The ability to add a free text custom field is incredible powerful and useful.  For example, we have a free text field for “Order Number” that denotes the order number related to that ticket.  When we create and send reports to our Ordering team, having the order number on the report let’s them know which order the ticket was relating to.  

There are many, many other use cases similar to this, as I’m sure your team will be able to foresee.

Thanks

Good to see someone highlights from users. Love it

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hi Everyone,

To add to the current thread, we are working on updating this as a feature natively within Freshdesk; in the meantime, we recommend you to check out the new Third-party app, Good Data that will support your use case; please refer to the following links. 

GoodData and Freshdesk integration

GoodData-Freshdesk Integration Video

Good Data supports the usage of Single-line text fields; here is a video for reference.

https://share.vidyard.com/watch/VDZ4C3eW9HnuKr4CgqEZLL?

We will be rolling this out in analytics; this could be a suitable work-around if the use-case is pressing to your current Support Operations.

Please feel free to get back to us in case of any clarifications, we will be happy to help.

Cheers!

Hi Everyone,

To add to the current thread, we are working on updating this as a feature natively within Freshdesk; in the meantime, we recommend you to check out the new Third-party app, Good Data that will support your use case; please refer to the following links. 

GoodData and Freshdesk integration

GoodData-Freshdesk Integration Video

Good Data supports the usage of Single-line text fields; here is a video for reference.

https://share.vidyard.com/watch/VDZ4C3eW9HnuKr4CgqEZLL?

We will be rolling this out in analytics; this could be a suitable work-around if the use-case is pressing to your current Support Operations.

Please feel free to get back to us in case of any clarifications, we will be happy to help.

Cheers!

Thanks Pooja, while useful, its has a $8/month per agent cost associated with the product. We are using checkbox field as a workaround, but really need text fields to unleash the insights, do you have any indications as to the release of this feature?

Badge +6

Support for single-line text field is now available in Analytics. You will be able to see it in the underlying data as well as data exports. You can read more about it in this post

Badge +2

Support for single-line text field is now available in Analytics. You will be able to see it in the underlying data as well as data exports. You can read more about it in this post

Is this available for Freshservice as well? I cannot find custom single-line text field from ticket form in Analytics or Data Export.

I can however find them from the export in ticket list-view. But that’s not good enough because then I cannot schedule exports...

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi @Magnus Reinel

This should be possible in Freshservice but let us loop in the Freshservice team to confirm it here. :)

Cheers, 

Badge +2

Hi @Magnus Reinel

This should be possible in Freshservice but let us loop in the Freshservice team to confirm it here. :)

Cheers, 

I’m looking forward to hearing more.

For reference:

• I cannot find any of the custom ticket fields in Analytics → Settings → Data Exports.
  • I cannot find them in the widgets in Analytics, i.e. as filters or to group by.

I can however both find, and use, the custom ticket fields in Tickets → List, where I can use the values both as filters and in the manual exports.