Question

SLA Based on Ticket Category?

• 17 October 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

We’re a special needs school evaluating Freshdesk for use as an internal corporate help desk system.  We’d like to apply SLAs based on the category->subcategory and priority of the submitted ticket.

For example: assume we have a ticket category and subcategory such as: “Facilities->Building Security” and a staff member submits a ticket for this category with an Urgent priority.  We need to be able to assign an SLA for this specific ticket type which likely has a very different response and resolution times than say, an “Urgent” priority ticket submitted with the category and subcategory  “IT->Internet Access Down”.

Unfortunately, the SLA “Conditions” are very broad (Company, Group, Product, Source, Type, Contact Segment, Company Segment) and don’t allow creating an SLA based on ticket criteria.

I’ve also looked creating a new “Ticket Creation” automation hoping I might be able to handle setting the SLA.  But while I can select the desired ticket Category, Subcategory, and Priority, there isn’t an Action that will allow me to set an SLA.

Am I missing something obvious or is what I’m trying to not possible? 

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @SteveV 

Greetings from the Freshworks community!

I understand that you would like to setup SLAs based on ticket categories. You can set up SLAs based on the following fields. At the moment, only the following fields (from the screenshot) are supported. Unfortunately, we do not have the provision to set up SLAs based on subtypes or any other  custom fields.

wj9XsWnjBjHvbBJwBcnl0Lypsrq101Y77n71ZKtCNHWBcDxTMuqOAdSKmaVhdbMcqDNldWhpkOZQXQaM4ifZV9o0A47mBCmginOEQRDm5n9fKHcnTzI2-m_T_Q-adpKXPDe6nNAOi3V0HVawXSvsj0V0K8FQxcTP_cZYIicKX1c1xV0rz-8kUz8Amw

Please have a look at our Ideas page, and post your ask here. We will look into this and take this up from our end.