SLA Policies

• 4 December 2015
  • 1 reply

I am trying to test the SLA Policies at the moment. The workflow is as follows. When an email is received an automatic ticket is created and assigned to me. Then I read and observe it. Then I assign it manually an priority and assign it to our agent A. If agent A does not respond to it in 15 minutes (which I modified the default SLA) it should be escalated to agent B but that does not work. I also tried to create a seperate SLA but no result. Any comments?

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hello Birant,

Firstly, I apologise for not getting back to you earlier on this thread. In this case, you could have the default SLA policy and then setup escalation emails under Admin -> SLA policies . Since the work done by you on the ticket might as well impact the SLA on the ticket, you could setup a dispatchr rule wherein the status is set to pending at the time of ticket creation. 

This will ensure that the SLA timer is not started until the ticket is assigned to another agent ( you will have to set the ticket status as Open to start it though)

Hope this helps.

Cheers!