Slack integration, lost comments

Slack often doesn't receive a notification about comments. Not always, but often.

This topic has been closed for comments

14 replies

Hi Pavel,

Apologies for the inconvenience. Of late we are observing random drops in the Slack push event without any standard Restful error responses as mentioned in Slack API guidelines, we are monitoring it closely and working on it, meanwhile if you can let us know the approximate time since when you are noticing these drops it will help us to debug this faster.

Thanks,

Bala,

Product Developer,

Integrations,

Freshdesk.

We have noticed this as well. Intermittently some pushes to our slack channel just never populate. We have a observer rule to send a message to the slack channel when an agent gets a smiley face. Some times it just doesn't work. I think I have noticed this behavior for about 2 weeks.

I'm experiencing the same issue.

Same issue here, I'm also having issues creating a ticket from Slack --> FD using the Slash Commands.

I'm experiencing the same issue.

Hi everyone,

Sorry for the inconvenience. I have some good news, we have identified the issue and have fixed it. Kindly let us know if you face any more problems.

Thanks,

Bala.

Bala - it's now pushing HTML tags along with description when I update a ticket:

Bala - it's posting the HTML <div> tags to slack when I update a ticket.

@Deepak

I am guessing you are using a non text place holder. Please use:

- {{ticket.latest_public_comment_text}} in place of {{ticket.latest_public_comment}}

- {{ticket.latest_private_comment_text}} in place of {{ticket.latest_private_comment}}

You can truncate any of our place holders using the '|' operator.

{{ticket.last_public_comment_text | truncate: 100}} --> will truncate last public comment text to 100 characters
{{ticket.last_public_comment_text | truncate: 100, '...'}} --> will truncate last public comment text to 100 characters and append '...' after truncating the text.

That worked, thanks.  Any update on fixing the Slash command to create a ticket from Slack --> Freshdesk?

@Deepak

Slack DM to Freshdesk ticket conversion don't have any problems, can you please verify if the setup is configured as suggested in https://support.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/206103-integration-with-slack

Got it - I was missing the first call with the token.  This is getting a bit off topic, sorry - one last question.  Are there any plans to support generic ticket creation that doesn't include the entire conversation?  For example: /create-ticket "my custom subject" "my custom description"

Hi @Bala Kumar

Refering to the
" Slack DM to Freshdesk ticket conversion don't have any problems, can you please verify if the setup is configured as suggested in https://support.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/206103-integration-with-slack"

im triying to setup this config on a Trial Freshdesk session and i'm not getting any answer from Freshdesk, also any ticket is created.

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hello everyone,

We've come up with more powerful version of the integration that allows you to trigger automations to send slack messages based on certain ticket conditions. You can find more information about the app here : https://support.freshdesk.com/solution/articles/206103-the-slack-app

Cheers!