Slow ticket emails

• 2 August 2013
  • 9 replies

I am new to freshdesk and I like what I see.   However today I am noticing about a 2.5 hour delay in sending emails out of freshdesk.   Ie, If I send a reply to a ticket in freshdesk it took 2.5 hours to arrive.   That is very concerning to me because it affects my response times to customers.   We are using freshdesk for presales questions and response times are critical.

Anybody else having slow email delivery?    Is this a common issue for freshdesk?

Thanks in advance,

Thomas

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Well this happened again last yesterday.   I replied to a customer ticket at 3:55pm according to the timestamp on the ticket.   The email reply was sent to the customer (and bcc'd me) at 3:33am.    Why is is taking nearly 12 hours to send a customer reply via email?    

Am I the only one who has this problem?  This is 2013... it should take no more than 15 mins max to send an email reply.   

What's the point in a rapid response to a customer ticket if that response doesn't get to the customer for 12 hours?

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hey Thomas, 

First off, thank you for posting on our Forums. 

We had some issues with mail delivery last week and this was because one of our App servers which runs these processes got into the queue and thereby accumulating old threads and halting the execution of new ones. This gave way to a majoy block in the threading process and causing a delay in delivery. 

But our developers were quick enough to jump in and get the situation under control and I would also like to go ahead and tell you that this is not a common scenario with Freshdesk and we always try our best to keep things running smooth for our customers. I can assure you on that one. 

I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you and let me know if there is anything else that I can do for you. Always happy to help out.

Hope you really enjoy using Freshdesk, Thomas. 

Thanks,

Anna

Freshdesk emails do seem to be working better now.   I don't think we have had any delays in the last two weeks.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hey Thomas, 

I really appreciate your update!

Thanks a lot and continue to enjoy using Freshdesk.

Cheers,

Anna

Two years later ... this is happening to us.  Not all email addresses, but some.

The problem started on 28-May and continues.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Peter, 

Our Service provider SendGrid faced some outages last week which might have caused the delay. 

We apologize for any kind of trouble this may have caused you. We have also got in touch with them and have been assured that all possible means are taken to tackle such unexpected situations. 

Hope you understand, Peter. 

Anna

We are experiencing high latency of incoming tickets, sometimes 1 hr or so. 

Question: By upgrading to a higher level of paid service, do you reserve resources such that tickets arrive more timely vs FREE level? If not, when will this be resolved?

Hi ,

That sounds abnormal and not plan dependent.

Can you please run by a few sample tickets where you are noticing the delays, so that we could review it further.

animator.gif
Thriyambhakesh Ravi

Technical Account Manager, Freshdesk
p : +61281884692
e : thriyam@freshdesk.com

Hi ,

No problem, glad to assist you.

In general, the time zone that is displayed in the ticket is based on the agent's time zone that has been set up. So, I am afraid that is the only way through which the time will be displayed !

animator.gif
Thriyambhakesh Ravi

Technical Account Manager, Freshdesk
p : +61281884692
e : thriyambhakesh.ravi@freshworks.com