Solutions - Checking for broken links when deleting and creating new solutions

• 4 April 2014
  • 1 reply

Challenge

Our organisation's use of Freshdesk Solutions grows daily, and we find ourselves often deleting a single solution to replace it with multiple more detailed solution. This creates broken links in Solutions that referred to the original solution.

Question

How do we keep track of which solutions are interdependent without maintaining a separate document that manually tracks these interdependencies when replacing old articles with multiple new articles?

Example Use Case

Solution 1 used to provide the necessary information for my customer to resolve their query. Solution 1 is a common task for our customers, so it is linked to by three other solutions (Solutions 2, 3 and 4) 

When we add a new feature and Solution 1 needs to be split into two separate articles, we delete Solution 1 and create Solution 4 and Solution 5.

I now have broken links in Solutions 2, 3 and 4 because I have deleted Solution 1.  

In our implementation of freshdesk there might be thirty five articles that linked to this now-deleted article, hence the challenge.

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Badge +2

I guess this has been going on for a while. Any movement on this problem?