Spam Indicator needs to be optional

• 16 December 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge

Recently, for some unknown reason.  The spam folder now indicates there’s new spam.  This completely defeats the purpose of the Spam folder.  Why is this not an optional feature? 
When I reported this issue they said to come here and post it as an idea?   Makes no sense to me… SPAM is literally SPAM.  Why should we be forced to delete the spam daily when it was working as intended before this change?  I shouldn’t see a new indication of spam and think its a real ticket to work on.  Infuriating new update.

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @The Center 

Greetings from the Freshworks community!

We can definitely understand your concern here. The current behaviour of the product is, the red dot will be shown when you're in any other view other than spam view and if there were some spam tickets. It will represent there are some tickets in the spam view. By visiting the spam view, you're currently in the spam view and checking the spams, we will remove the red dot. Moving to other views will bring the red dot representing there are some tickets in the spam folder. The red dot will be shown in all ticket views except spam view if there were any tickets in spam.

Feel free to drop a note here incase of further queries :)

Badge

You have explained it in the support tickets.  But, to me this makes no sense.  I don’t want to know I have Spam.  That is literally why we have spam folders.   It defeats the entire reason to mark anything as spam.

My company has their support email listed on our website.  We get random tickets from people that found that email address and send us Sales.   I mark the email as SPAM.   Then the red dot shows up that I have spam.  To remove the red dot I have to delete the SPAM folder.   The 30 day deletion was working just fine; but now you are forcing us to delete spam everyday so we don’t see a red dot.   The red dot should at least go away if we read/looked at the SPAM folder.  As you pointed out… “Moving to other views will bring the red dot representing there are some tickets in the spam folder.”   

Spam is defined by the dictionary:
“Spam is any kind of unwanted, unsolicited digital communication”

The Spam we get is definitely unwanted.  Your update forces us to deal with the unwanted spam.

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @The Center 

We took your feedback into consideration and have removed the red dot from appearing in the ticket list view.

Cheers!

Badge

Thank you.