Split ticket copies the message, doesn't really "split"

• 2 April 2018
  • 2 replies

Recently, when splitting a ticket, I have noticed that the message is still in the old ticket as well as copied to the new ticket.  Can we return to the old behavior, (i.e., you SPLIT, and do not leave the question in the old ticket)?

Also, it would really be useful if we could split a ticket at ANY point and NOT just at the most recent message.  This is necessary for customers who hit you with a barrage of "and also..." messages that are irrelevant to the subject of the original ticket. 

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

I've just 'split' a ticket (using MINT) expecting all the replies after the split to be carried over to the new ticket. This did not happen. The reply that I split at was transferred to a new ticket and all the replies after the split remained on the original ticket.

With the way it is working currently, I would need to split the original ticket numerous times until all the replies after the original split are in separate new tickets and then merge them all together. The issue is, however, it's not possible to split agent replies from the original ticket so this doesn't work.

I've just 'split' a ticket (using MINT) expecting all the replies after the split to be carried over to the new ticket. This did not happen. The reply that I split at was transferred to a new ticket and all the replies after the split remained on the original ticket.

With the way it is working currently, I would need to split the original ticket numerous times until all the replies after the original split are in separate new tickets and then merge them all together.