Question

Support. Email. Ticket Response copies mailbox

• 4 February 2022
  • 1 reply

Hi

I have configured my company’s support email box to forward onto my Freshdesk support mailbox. This is working well.

However, when we respond to a Ticket on Freshdesk it, by default, adds our company support mail address as a CC (copied) addressee. 

Is there a way to prevent this? We don’t want to, by default, CC ourselves on ticket responses.

1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi Paul,

Greetings from Freshworks Community! :)

I understand you are facing issues with CCs automatically being added while clicking on reply for a new ticket, this usually occurs when there is an alias to your main support address. This is stated as product behaviour since Freshdesk detects this to be associated with all the id's linked to your common support email.

The best way to avoid this would be to add the other address(Aliases) into Freshdesk as well (but not set up any forwarding), and only set the Global Support Address as your current support address, or use the given app to define yours from address https://www.freshworks.com/apps/freshdesk/customize_from_email_address/ .This will avoid your other addresses being added in cc every time a ticket is raised. C

Drop a note if you face any challenges :)

Cheers