Supporting Multiple Departments with Different Fields/Portals

• 21 November 2013
  • 6 replies

We are wanting to use Freshdesk so support different groups of agents. Meaning, we have dept A that needs to do more IT like support, and then we have another dept (B) that does non-IT support. Can this be done easily? Multiple products seemed a possibility, but I wanted to be sure.

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hey Bill, 

Thank you for posting on our Forums. 

You sure can implement this workflow in Freshdesk with the feature sets we provide. Can you please pass me a good number and time to reach you so that I can assist you better?

Thanks,

Anna

Hi there, I also would like to know if there is a way to support different department with different Ticket fields and portals. Example, one portal for internal support queries and another portal for our external clients. Thank you

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Fred,

Yes of course you can do this using the Portal Customization feature available in the Estate plan. 

Can you shoot an email to poorna (at) freshdesk (dot) com with your contact details so that I can get on a call and explain this to you?

Anna

I would like information on how to achieve this as well.

Thanks,

Rebecca

Rebecca,

If you'd like to set up different ticket forms based on the type of the ticket, you can certainly make use of our Dynamic Forms section. This will allow you to provide relevant ticket fields with respect to the type of query an end user might choose on the ticket.

Does this help you? If you'd like to further discuss on this, I'd be happy to jump on a call.

Riaz

How it is possible to achieve? I can set up different products and different portals but all portals have the same ticket fields.. How can I set up different fields for each portal?