Solved

tasks and workflows

• 10 October 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

is there any way to create a workflow that checks if all tasks on a service request are closed and if so, close the ticket?

icon

Best answer by Aishvarya 8 November 2022, 06:25

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @JTAVOLARO 

Greetings from the Freshworks community!

We can create a ticket updates service task automation rule to close a parent ticket when a service task is closed. Please navigate to Admin → Automations → Service tasks → Service task updates → New rule. Below is the screenshot of a sample rule.

u8rjOxGnUPbcBo2Jo45pMHpswDV-cSQ9TNs6HxssCqXXnDqT5epHmLzrVNyWT7U2ZZuJMZxQyJ9bQ1LNHNEj88GiIRb78E87BRqPNnb7A_oyNz3rjqEFPLluNaMGum8w3U58116E-_rc6ocEUpnvpMCn-RULXoCOzHvfbstg7wNVUHPUA-ji89FFk-4Zyg

Feel free to drop a note here incase of further queries.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @JTAVOLARO 

Greetings from the Freshworks community!

We can create a ticket updates service task automation rule to close a parent ticket when a service task is closed. Please navigate to Admin → Automations → Service tasks → Service task updates → New rule. Below is the screenshot of a sample rule.

u8rjOxGnUPbcBo2Jo45pMHpswDV-cSQ9TNs6HxssCqXXnDqT5epHmLzrVNyWT7U2ZZuJMZxQyJ9bQ1LNHNEj88GiIRb78E87BRqPNnb7A_oyNz3rjqEFPLluNaMGum8w3U58116E-_rc6ocEUpnvpMCn-RULXoCOzHvfbstg7wNVUHPUA-ji89FFk-4Zyg

Feel free to drop a note here incase of further queries.

How do you set the condition that ALL tasks must be set to completed?  This seems to only be ANY task marked to stus completed.

Badge +2

is there any way to create a workflow that checks if all tasks on a service request are closed and if so, close the ticket?

i agree, this works with a single task, but not with multiple tasks assigned to a ticket. i could not find a way yet either how to check for ALL tasks to be closed before resolving a ticket.

I’m looking to do something similar with Changes. I’d like to move the Change to the next status if all Tasks are completed.