The tag field on contact

• 16 October 2014
  • 8 replies

The tag field isn't avialable when looking at a user/contact via the API

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Thanks for the update,Chris. Happy Supporting!

Cheers!

Hey Aravind,
I apologize. It appears I was mistaken. The API returns tags when I query for a customer using a customer id, but not when I query for a customer using an email (or any other parameters). I believe this behavior matches the API documentation. Thank you for your quick response.

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi Chris,

Would it be possible to share the X-Request ID of the request ? I'll create a private support ticket to effectively troubleshoot this case.

Cheers!

Hey Aravind,

I recently used the API to get contacts and it's not returning tags for contacts even though I've been updating the contacts field manually on Freshdesk. The API documentation says it should return the tags associated with a contact, but the actual API doesn't seem to be returning that information. 
Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hello Nelson,

Sorry that we have missed to update this thread for a very long time. Here's our latest API documentation where  you'd be able to find the View user API information - https://developer.freshdesk.com/api/#view_contact

Cheers!

And about viewing a user? The tag isn't returned when getting a user via the api.

Nelson

Nelson,

Hope you are doing good. Sorry for not being able to give you the correct information earlier.

In our existing implementation, we can add tags to contacts either while creating/updating using the payload.

{ "user":{
"name":"Super Man",
"email":"example@example.com",
"tags": "super,man"
}}

Unfortunately, this is not documented. I definitely will pass it on to the API team so that they can update the documentation.

Regards,

Durga

Hi Nelson,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you !

Currently we do not have the tag field when creating/updating a user via API.

Let me pass this on to the products team so that they can check if this option can be taken up in the future enhancements. 

I definitely will keep you posted. Thank you so much for the suggestion.