Ticket API: Filtering on custom attributes doesn't return results

• 8 May 2019
  • 1 reply

Hi all,

I am currently building an integration into Freshdesk from another case management solution. I have created a custom attribute "cf_external_id" which is a string and holds the guid of the case from the other system. 

As part of my two-way integration every time I get a new record or updated record to push to Freshdesk, I first want to check if it already exists (obviously).

When I run this endpoint (as per the examples here https://developers.freshdesk.com/api/#filter_tickets) I never get any results, and the data is definitely correct:

api/v2/search/tickets?query="cf_external_id:'e99ee1ee-e270-e911-a818-000d3a479f92'"

This method works for filtering contacts and companies, but doesn't seem to work on tickets.

Has anyone experienced this before or know of a workaround?

Thanks

Dan

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

I'm having the same issue with filtering companies.

I created a new company and I was able to get a result when querying the initial data that I entered in the custom fields (integer of 37). If I change those fields to a different number it will still return the same result as the original query (as seen below). Doesn't matter how long I wait, the result is still the same.

../api/v2/search/companies?query="test:37 OR test2:37"  

{
"results": [
{
"id": 24000115960,
"name": "Test",
"description": null,
"note": null,
"domains": [],
"custom_fields": {
"test": 1234,
"test2": 1234