Ticket Fields for Customers on Portal

• 21 November 2017
  • 3 replies

Hi

We have edited the ticket fields to match our requirements when customers submit a new ticket via the support portal. 

When first clicking n "New Support Ticket" all looks fine. The fields Name, Email, Subject and Description appear as expected (see first screenshot).

However, when entering the details something weird happens. Once I enter an email, a new field appears, asking to enter your name (see second screenshot). Which is unexpected, and confusing, as you already entered your name in the first field.

I also attached a third screenshot with the settings in the Freshdesk Admin panel.

As a side note, I'm not sure why in the field Email, "Email" appears in grey within the textbox again, while in the other fields the textbox is empty. Do you know why this happens?

Thanks

Jacov

untitled_29899.pnguntitled_29899.pnguntitled_29899.png

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hello Jacov,

Sorry for the pretty late response on the thread. By default, Freshdesk offers a Name field for the users to write in their name while submitting a ticket. This gets displayed when a non-logged in user tries to submit a ticket, the system tries to capture their name to create a contact in the helpdesk.

In case of a logged in user, the email field is automatically pre-populated from their profile. You can remove the "Name" field from the ticket field list as it is redundant for the user to fill in the form.

Cheers!

Thank you Aravind for clarifying this.

Jacov

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Thanks for the response,Jacov. Happy Freshdesk-ing!

Cheers!