Ticket view does not load properly in Chrome.

• 18 April 2018
  • 8 replies

• Apprentice
  • 2 replies

Hi,

I was looking to add a new support email and after doing so I was not able to view the tickets list in my browser. I'm using Chrome at the moment. I've since deleted this subsequent support email and have left the default one that I have. But I am still not able to access the tickets view in Chrome. I can see the tickets view if I use Safari. I Chrome when I select the tickets option I get a white screen.

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Elu,

There seem to be an issue with the list view on Chrome. Can you please try upgrading Chrome to the latest version and see if that helps?

Cheers!

I have the same problem. Been like it for about a week. I noticed that chrome does not like the ticket list view because it causes repeated unlimited javascript calls.

IE allows this but it means freshdesk takes up higher than expected cpu usage.

Hence I actually think it is a coding issue with freshdesk.

If you go to <your domain>a/tickets/filters/search?orderBy=

Then select "card view" before you do anything. You can then select view all tickets and it works.

WARNING: if you switch back to table view it will stop working again.

I got around the issue I was having by initially using either Safari or IE. I could also view the various lists of tickets if I had Chrome incognito.

In the end, I cleared my browser history and this seems to have fixed the problem I was having.

I had this problem. Go to your Chrome settings and scroll to the bottom and reset Chrome.

also had this problem.  after updating to chrome for windows Version 66.0.3359.139, it seems to resolve the problem

I always used table view, and that seemed to be the root cause of the issue.

I did however today see a problem when i was in the tickets view and the same issue occurred, but then I refreshed and it went away.  after that i wasnt able to recreate the issue. 

just to be clear, my issue was when i was viewing the tickets page in the table view, the chrome window would basically go blank and could not be refreshed.  browser wasnt crashing, rather nothing was loading in the view

Thanks for the Card View workaround.  

I am on latest Chrome version 67.0.3396.87 and am having exactly the same issue with table view in Tickets.

Clearly a bug in Freshdesk - hopefully they are aware of it.

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hello,

The issue with Table View has been fixed with our latest release. Detailed release notes available here -> 5th July - Release notes

Cheers!