Solved

Time Trigger rules for custom statuses

• 26 January 2021
  • 13 replies

I’ve created a Freshdesk rule that sends a reminder to the requester after 72 working hours if the status is Pending - it also sets the status to a custom one.

I’d like to create a further rule which then sets the ticket to closed if a response is not received after another 72 working hours. However, the “hours since...” conditions don’t seem to include the custom statuses I’ve made.

Am I doing this right or is there a better way of achieving this?

icon

Best answer by Keer 26 January 2021, 18:18

View original

13 replies

Badge

Sorry, but we’re new to Freshdesk and need a rule like that. How did you create the rule to send a reminder?

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @Woreill, 

As far as I know, you would also be able to see the hours since <custom status> as below: 

Could you share a screenshot if you are not able to find so that we can check this further? Alternatively, you can also include the details and drop a mail to support@freshdesk.com and our support buddies would be glad to assist you further. 

Also, you can achieve the same scenario using another rule. I have just added it below and you can use it if it fits your usecase. 

Since the number of hours would be 144 (72+72), you can set up a rule time trigger rule like:

In tickets, if hours since agent responded >144 and Hours since agent responded <146 and 

Status is <include the custom status>, then Close the ticket. 

You can also add a tag as an action, say close the ticket and add a tag ‘closedbyautomation’ so that it would be easier for you to filter such tickets. 

I hope this would do the trick. Let me know if need help in setting this up. 

Cheers, 

Keer, 

Freshworks Community Team. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

@kgnall, welcome to Freshdesk :) 

You can set up a new time trigger rule by navigating to Admin → Automations → Time Triggers. You can also refer to the rule above. 

I am adding a couple of links here that would be helpful for you to get a gist of how the feature works: 

1. https://support.freshdesk.com/en/support/solutions/articles/37615-setting-up-automation-rules-to-run-on-time-triggers-
  2.  https://support.freshdesk.com/en/support/discussions/topics/307193

If you have a specific use case and if you need any help in setting it up, do write to support@freshdesk.com and we would be glad to help you set it up. 

Cheers, 

Keer, 

Freshworks Community Team. 

Badge

Thank you so much. I had not seen Time Triggers in the Automations.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Sure, @kgnall. I am glad that I could help :) 

Userlevel 1

Great. noted!!

www.eyelashextensionsfortcollins.com

Userlevel 1

I agree wth u  guys

www.eyelashextensionssyracuseny.com

Hi Keer,

See below for options for “Hours since...”.

See below for the custom statuses I have made:

Userlevel 2

@woreilly The ‘Hours Since...status...’  condition as seen on the Automation Rule is populated with the custom Status option you have added under the Status Ticket Field.

In your case, you would be able to see the Hours Since Awaiting Requester, Hours Since Awaiting 3rd partyHours Since Awaiting Site Visit, and Hours Since Escalated options. 

Feel free to add new custom status choices and hit ‘Save’ you will be able to notice the same as a ‘Hours Since…..’ condition at the Time Trigger automation.

Aldrin,
Freshdesk Community Team

Hi Aldrin,

I can’t see the custom statuses in the “Hours since...” list of options. I can only see the default Open, Pending, Resolved & Closed options.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @woreilly, if you have the custom status set under Admin → Ticket fields → Status, you’d be able to see them when configuring the time-trigger rule as well. 

If that’s not the case, let me raise a ticket on your behalf so that we can have this checked for you further. 

Cheers, 

Keer, 

Freshdesk Community Team

Userlevel 1

72 hrs is possible

www.marriagecounselingbatonrougela.com

Hello @woreilly 

The option to set Time trigger rules based on custom ticket statuses is available only from the Estate plan of Freshdesk.

Cheers!

Aarthy
Freshdesk Community Team