Tracking sales leads in Freshdesk

• 12 December 2013
  • 4 replies

We provide sales support to travel agents selling our holidays, and my team is enjoying the freshdesk trial, however:

Is it possible to set up Freshdesk to track sales leads?

This means:

- Tracking conversion (from ticket type Lead to type Sale)

- Sales cycle (time between first contact and sale)

- The number and amount of agent interaction to achieve a sale

I am looking using tags to track the history of tickets, don't know how to report on the lifetime of a ticket e.g. started as a lead, ended up as a sale and when all this happened. 

Many thanks.

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hey Luka, 

Thank you for posting on our forums. 

I am converting this post into a ticket so that one of our agents can get in touch with you and give you personalized assistance. 

Hope you have a good time using Freshdesk!

Thanks,

Anna

Why was this converted to a ticket w/ no answer given to the question?  I'd love to know if Freshdesk can be used to track sales leads.

hi - i'd also like to know about this, can freshdesk be used to track sales lead and monitor conversions?

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hello people, 

Firstly, sorry for the delay in responding on this thread. 

Freshdesk is a Helpdesk tool that allows you to manage your customer support operations and give a better experience to your customers.

But if you're looking to track sales lead and monitor conversions and specifically looking to answer the three questions posted by Luka, I can give you workarounds. 

Tracking conversion (from ticket type Lead to type Sale)

You can move the ticket between different type values and then do a ticket export on a daily basis to have a comparison on when the ticket was moved from one type to the other. 

Sales cycle (time between first contact and sale)

Once the sale is done, you can mark the associated ticket to the lead as "Resolved". Hence you would be able to pull up the "Resolution Time" which in turn would be the sales cycle duration. 

The number and amount of agent interaction to achieve a sale

Each ticket has a "Agent Interaction" metric associated which should give you the required data. 

Let us know if you think these workarounds could be helpful.

Anna