Turning off auto correct

• 11 February 2020
  • 3 replies

Hi,

We have experienced an auto-correct reply in tickets. Do you know how to turn auto-correct in Freshdesk?

Thanks.

3 replies

Badge +7

Hi,

I have never noticed auto-correct in Freshdesk. My selling mistakes are not corrected. I normally use a Firefox browser and this highlights spelling mistakes but does not auto correct. I think Chrome does/can do this. Is it possible that this is a setting in your browser. 

I've have also noticed auto-correction in the text box for writing responses to users.  It may be invisible to other users, but it is tremendously frustrating to me.  In particular, it will change the number of white space characters when I make a change to whitespace, as though it is trying to enforce a certain style.  I type every character I do for a reason and I don't need a machine second guessing me.

The text box for this forum does not have any auto-correction functionality, so I know its not my browser.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hello!

I understand your concern here that you are mentioning Freshdesk looks to auto-correct words entered in the reply editor. But I'm afraid Freshdesk does not offer an auto-correction functionality from within. Should be an issue because of any browser plug-ins or local translate options. Can you please check on the same?

If you are still facing trouble, please drop an email to support@freshdesk.com and we would be able to help you further.

Thank you!