Question

Unable to export or create reports on serched tickets

• 29 November 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Freshdesk does not allow you to create a report or to export a list of tickets where a certain search criteria is found in.

This is a major shortfall in your product. please consider implementing this

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi @Rudi 

Greeting from Freshdesk community!

We can export tickets with the filters applied in the ticket list view page that includes default and custom dropdown fields. If you are referring to the tickets that appear after you do a global search, that I’m afraid cannot be exported.

If you are referring to something else, feel free to drop a note here :)

Badge +1

Hi @Rudi 

I am the co-founder of StackIt. We are building a plugin to get data from Freshdesk to Google Sheets. We are working with our first 10 customers to do a POC, all for free.

1. We can import the tickets into Google Sheets in the format you want.
  2. This sheet can also be updated with a set frequency (Everyday, Every hour) without any manual effort.

We don’t store any data. We just want feedback from our initial customers. You don’t have to pay for anything at all. This is 100% free, without any strings.

If this sounds interesting to you, I would love to get in touch with you, please email me at vinayak@nowstackit.com

Thanks,
Vinayak

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi Rudi

I would do this by setting the parameters of the ticket in my chart filters, then going to the underlying data in, clicking on the gear to choose my fields for export. And then export underlying data of the chart. 

I know this is possible for Service Items too, so I have been able to export very specific parameters of tickets, such as Service Item, tag, or custom fields with a specific value in a service item

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @Rudi As @vinayakjjw mentioned, you’ll be able to filter for tickets using any default or custom dropdown fields in the ticket list page. 

However, it is not possible to export the ticket data from the search results page. You can post the suggestion on our ideas forum so our product team can add this to the roadmap based on the popularity of the request.

Badge +1

Has anything happened with this or is it still impossible to generate an export from search results?