Url for customer to close ticket

• 17 January 2019
  • 5 replies

Upon opening a ticket,(without registration) our customers receive an automatic reply in which we would like to give them an url they can visit, in order to close the ticket themselves, in case they resolve the problem before we process the ticket. Is there any way we could implement this?

Thanks.

Rob

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Badge +7

To perform an action upon receipt of a new ticket, you can add a Dispatcher rule.  

In this rule you can state as action "Send Email to Requester". You can include Placeholders as the variables. In this case, if you want the Requester to have a url, you can include {{ticket.public.url}} which does not require logging in (registering). Assume the title would be the placeholder  Ticket title.  See attachment.

Is that what you are looking for? I am not sure if "Dispatcher rules" are available in all plans.

dispatcher_38308.jpg

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately not quite what I'm looking for... I already have included placeholders in an automatic reply. However when the customer clicks on the link, he can only see the current status of the ticket. What we're looking for is a possibility for the customer to close the ticket by e.g. clicking on a button on the public url page.

Badge +7

It sounds as if you have set the system up so that the customer has to log in.

Could you check the setting? Admin >> Portals >> Settings >> "Who can view tickets on portal". Is that Logged in users, or Anyone with a public ticker URL.

For it to work it should be anyone.

I think they then see all fields open for customers and can add comments. 

Hello Rob,

When a client logs in to the portal and views their ticket, they have the ability to close the ticket themselves by clicking on the following button:

Through the portal code, this is reflected as:

{{ ticket.close_ticket_url }}

I believe if the ticket public (public URL), they should be able to see this button on the portal and close the ticket themselves. 

@BeeP: Thanks, but unfortunately this doesn't seem to work. With the placeholder you mention, the following Link is inserted:

/support/tickets/###/close

Whereas ### represents the ticket number. But when trying to access this link, I always get a "Page doesn't exist" error.

@Mark No, customers who aren't logged in can see the ticket alright. They just don't have an option to close the ticket. And this is what I'm looking for...