Solved

user can change the requester when creating new ticket

• 25 January 2021
  • 4 replies

Hi,

We are new to freshservice and are still configuring all our needs before major roll-out. Few users have access to test some features. So this problem occurred that an user could change the requester field (is normally automatically filled in with the logged in user, filed ID = ‘ticket_requester_email’) and could create a ticket for someone else. We don’t want this option and want to disable the field. If they want to someone else up to date they should use the ‘CC’ field.

I have searched and saw that few people changed the portal and I hoped this was also possible for the ticket form. (or is it possible in the admin page, but I didn’t find it)

icon

Best answer by support_MExT 27 January 2021, 08:57

View original

4 replies

You can make the Requester email field on the End User Portal "read Only" by adding the below script to the new ticket form. To add the Script Goto Admin->Helpdesk Rebranding->Customise Portal->switch to the "Layout & Pages" Tab -> Click on Portal Pages-> Navigate to the New Ticket Page on the Left Hand Pane and add the script at the very end->Click on Save & Publish. This will make the field readonly and you cannot change the email address as an End User. Hope this helps.

​<script type="text/javascript">
jQuery(document).ready(function(){

jQuery("#helpdesk_ticket_email").prop( "disabled", true );

});
</script>

This solved my problem

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Thank you so much, below is the code that worked for us (I guess something changed in the last three years). It’s unfathomable why Freshservice cannot see the integrity concerns of having this field be freely editable.

<!-- To make the "requester" field read-only for new ticket forms -->
<script>
jQuery(document).ready(function(){
      setInterval(function() {  
          if (window.location.href.indexOf('/support/tickets/new') > -1) {
            var field = jQuery('#helpdesk_ticket_email');
            field.prop('readonly', true);
            field.css('background-color', '#d3d3d3'); // This will make the field appear grayed out
        }
      }, 200)
})
</script>
<!-- end of code -->

This did the trick for me - the script possibilities is blocked.

#ticket-new-main .default_requester .control-element input {
    max-width: 800px;
    margin-top: 4px;
    margin-bottom: 8px;
    background-color: #e0e0e0; /* Gray background */
    color: #757575; /* Dimmed text color */
    pointer-events: none; /* Prevents clicking and typing */
}

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

@bilalbahij That looks better than running a script. Exactly where did you put this snippet?