Users in multiple companies and hierachical company structures

Hi

I am trying to figure out two things: 

1. Can Freshdesk organize companies hierachically? So that one master company has mutliple branches connected to them.

2. Can one user belong to multiple companies? I mean the exact user in the database, not a copy with the same name.

10 replies

Badge +4

@aravind.sundararajan has any progress been made?

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hello @k.academia & @Aazir,

You can associate a contact to a maximum of 300 companies in Freshdesk!

Tip: Adding 20+ companies to a contact from the UI can be a cumbersome task. If you're setting up a contact for the first time, please use the contact import option to specify the companies separated by || (For example, Freshdesk || Freshworks)

Cheers,

Freshworks Community Team

Badge +4

Thanks @hemanth.ramya, I was more interested in the following:

@RichardAt the moment, we don't have an option for (1) but we're working on few ideas that could make this a reality!

We have thousands of company records in Freshdesk and having the ability to have parent/child companies will be awesome.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Thanks for the update, @Aazir

You can make use of the Customer segments feature in Freshdesk to group contacts/companies based on various categories, for example, their subscription plan, region/location of the customer or the type of customers, their industry, etc. Article to get detailed insights on the same. 

Feel free to drop a note here for any further questions and we would be happy to help! :)

Cheers,

Badge +4

@hemanth.ramya thanks.

Unfortunately this in our use case is more granular. See below.

• Main Cooperate Company
    • Company 1
      • branch 1
      • branch 2
    • Company 2
      • branch 1
      • branch 2

The customer segments in such cases are not very useful.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Thanks for sharing your insights, Aazir.

At the moment, we do not have an in-built granular level hierarchy structure for companies . However, this surely is an interesting ask, we are happy to explore the possibilities of this feature and in case of any enhancements, we will keep you posted in our community.

Cheers,

1) No

2) Yes, up to 20. (Why the cap?)

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

@Richard At the moment, we don't have an option for (1) but we're working on few ideas that could make this a reality!

Regarding (2), few of our community users have also voted for the company association cap to be increased beyond 20. I'd recommend you to upvote/comment and follow this topic to stay updated on the feature enhancement.

Cheers!

Any updates if this cap has been increased?

Do you have any timeframe or any news on the company branches option?