Using the Azure app action and PowerShell app action in a workflow

• 11 January 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Hi all,

I’ve been using the Azure and PowerShell actions in my workflows and am really excited about the things our team can solve with these automations.

I have noticed that our flows that contain these actions don’t run consistently. For example, they sometimes stop in the middle of a flow with no error in the logs. Also, the same ticket where this happens is unable to trigger any other Azure flows after the failure. All conditions are met to trigger a flow but nothing happens and no events come up in the logs.

I’m working with Freshservice support on this and they have been great at keeping me updated and even scheduling meetings to speak with me, but it has happened more and more with multiple workflows. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

Thanks,

Dana

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

If a PowerShell App runs for more than about 23 seconds, it times out - nothing appears in the logs, and the workflow doesn’t continue.

any way of overcoming this 23 sec?

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

any way of overcoming this 23 sec?

There’s a backend setting that can be changed now, but you have to raise a support ticket with Fresh for them to do it. The time can be seconds, minutes, or even indefinite I believe, though I’m not sure indefinite is a great idea... 

Hi all,

I’ve been using the Azure and PowerShell actions in my workflows and am really excited about the things our team can solve with these automations.

I have noticed that our flows that contain these actions don’t run consistently. For example, they sometimes stop in the middle of a flow with no error in the logs. Also, the same ticket where this happens is unable to trigger any other Azure butterfly tattoos meaning flows after the failure. All conditions are met to trigger a flow but nothing happens and no events come up in the logs.

I’m working with Freshservice support on this and they have been great at keeping me updated and even scheduling meetings to speak with me, but it has happened more and more with multiple workflows. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

Thanks,

Dana

Hi Dana,

It's great to hear that you're leveraging Azure and PowerShell actions in your workflows. While automation can bring efficiency to your team, I understand the frustration when flows don't run consistently.

In cases where workflows stop in the middle without any error logs or when subsequent Azure flows fail to trigger, it's important to investigate the potential causes. It's good to know that you're already in touch with Freshservice support, as they can provide more specific insights into your workflow configurations and system setup.

In the meantime, I recommend checking a few things on your end. Ensure that the required permissions and credentials are correctly set up for your Azure actions. Double-check the triggers and conditions in your workflows to ensure they are accurately configured to activate when the expected events occur. Additionally, review any dependencies or integrations with other services to ensure they are functioning properly. 

Regards