Question

Way to automate adding to-do list to a ticket

• 13 September 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello all,

As the title says, Is there a way to automate adding a to-do list to a ticket. I am looking to attach a list to a ticket based on certain conditions, so as whosoever picks that ticket knows what all steps are required to resolve it. 

I open to using 3rd party app. The endpoint to create a to-do list is also not available unfortunately. 

Thanks

5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

@ZenDan I am not sure how this will resolve the issue I have. Can I integrate Zenkit into Freshdesk ? 

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

@deepak.sharma507, would the 3rd party Steps app be useful to you? It’s available from Billow under the Freshdesk app directory. It supports tags and ticket types as configuration options out of the box - you’ll probably need to chat with the creators if you need additional configuration.

Userlevel 1
Badge

@HVA Thanks for your input. I believe they have discontinued the product. Billow is now called MyndBend. When I try to install the app, it gets stuck on “loading”.

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

@deepak.sharma507 it looks like you’re right, they seem to be doubling down on ZenDesk 🤔. I don’t know if support@freshdesk.com would be able to help you with this. At best, it may just be a small config change on the app package that perhaps they can fix for you - or at worst, they may need to remove the app from the store entirely if no-one can use it. I haven’t really come across anything else in the store that sounds like it would be a good fit for your needs. There are a number of workflow apps, but most of them focus on integrating more advanced workflows (e.g. ERP systems).

If you need checklists because your agents are troubleshooting across different products, then the knowledge base apps are probably your best bet. Most of them are designed around surfacing contextual information on a ticket based on AI.

Alternatively, if your need is more process related, you might be able to configure an advanced set of workflows with the Hide Fields plugin. We use a combination of custom ticket types, Hide Fields and Set Ticket Field Options to customise the way our agents work. For example, if you had 5 different checklists based on 5 different types of tickets, you could in theory configure 5 radio fields, put the different checklists in each (as options) and then use Hide Fields to show/hide these on the right tickets.

This approach is definitely a PITB compared to installing a plugin though 😅

Userlevel 1
Badge

@HVA Thanks again. I found an app called FlowEQ and it seems to be doing what I am looking for. I’ve been speaking with their team to find out more about the product. I’ll update here once I have more info. 

I’ll keep your last suggestion to last, if nothing else pans out. It really does sound like PITB kinda work. 😅