Webhooks for Push Notifications Chrome or Firefox

• 13 November 2013
  • 5 replies

Hey All,

I was wondering now observer supports webhooks. If anyone has worked out a way of using these to push notifications to either firefox of chrome browsers. I would love a new ticket popup for users ?

Any help would be great ?

Thanks. Alex

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Hi Alex

This could help - https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/support-notifications/enfpphpelchogekkdfjicghaigahdldc

We ourself are working on Notifications for above mentioned browsers and will be available soon.

regards

Vijay

Hey Vijay,

Thanks that great to hear your working on it. How soon do you expect it to be ready ?

I checked out the link above, do you know how you find your company ID ?

Thanks. Alex

Hi Alex

Our App might be delayed for sometime, since it involves heavy API calls and we'd need to optimize to handle such continous API calls.

As for this one, install this Extension, then go to Tools > Extensions > Click on Permissions option. You will be asked to set a Master Password.

Once set, Click on the >> icon next to your Chrome URL bar > Click on Support Notifications > Configure Support Notifications > Scroll down to the Freshdesk section. Save up the credentials and Test.

Once done, whichever view you've specified in this section, if any new Ticket or Update happens, you will be notified.

PS : BTW, this is not an official App and we don't endorse any issues/bugs from this. Also, since this uses API calls, we have a limit of 1000 API calls for an Account/Per hour.

Hope this helps.

regards
Vijay
Thanks Vijay,

Works a treat.

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi,

We now have the Smart notifications for agents that triggers ticket related notifications for agents within the Freshdesk app.

Cheers!