Question

When a ticket is closed and the customer responds, then the ticket is not reopened. Any solution?

• 12 January 2023
  • 5 replies

Tickets are not getting reopened while the customer responds to a closed ticket and you are unable to keep track of the same.

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi @mateorial 

Greetings!

Freshdesk has a default automation rule that would reopen a ticket when a customer responds to the ticket. Navigate to Admin > Workflows > Automations > Ticket updates and make sure to enable the rule: 'Automatically reopen tickets when the customer responds'.

You can also watch this video to understand how you can set this up.

Feel free to drop a note here incase of further assistance :)

Cheers,

Barun

we have made such an automation. A new ticket is indeed created, however we can not see the tekst written in the reply. 

The new ticket just shows the information which was in the old (closed ticket)…

Any tips ?

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @Danny De Meyer,

Can you try using the placeholder {{ticket.latest_public_comment}} to fetch the content of the latest public comment on the ticket?

https://support.freshdesk.com/en/support/solutions/articles/52630-understanding-dynamic-content-and-placeholders

Regards,

Sona 

Freshdesk, Freshchat, Freshcaller product expert

Are you interested in learning more about how our services can help add value to your business? Check out our Professional Services to know more & get started.

How do I do the opposite? So I want to make sure that only tickets which have got status resolved can be reopened and when someone tries to reply to a closed ticket a new ticket is created with link to previous ticket/communication?

I am looking for the same as Moonka.

So everything seem to be working except that when a new ticket is created it is not copying the correspondence and internal notes from the old ticket into the new ticket created.