Question

When Using th "Search" option, it does not bring back what I'm searching

• 18 April 2023
  • 1 reply

Hello- I recently needed to find a previous ticket with information I needed for a new ticket. When doing the search, I added the title it would be under, example:  CL to PO.  When I ran the report, I did not get any tickets back with my title.  I just got back a bunch random tickets with different titles.  I eventually ended up finding a ticket with the information, but not with the search.  I added a tag “Keeper” to the ticket. I ran the search again with the same title and it appears now that I added the keeper. I did not do any filters on either search.  Why wouldn’t my search come up in the first place?  Does it need to have a tag?  Do I need to fill in the filters in order for search to pull up what I’m asking for? 

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi @GreeneTra 

Greetings from Freshdesk community!

The search tab lets you locate items in your account from just about any page within your helpdesk. As soon as you start entering the search query, Freshdesk will show you the most relevant results in the spotlight. When you enter multiple keywords, Freshdesk performs an OR search on the keywords in a starts-with mechanism. 

Exact search :  When you search for a phrase, by default, you will see the exact match results first and the partial matches will follow. However, you can eliminate partial matches in your search results by searching for exact phrases by enclosing the search terms within double-quotes. Here is an article for  your reference. 

Feel free to drop a note here incase of further assistance :)

Cheers,
Barun