When will next update be released?

• 4 December 2011
  • 6 replies

I find many small problems reported on the forums and I wonder when they will be fixed. Is there a new version coming soon? Everything just seem so quiet around here lately :(

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

(new suggestion: we need a quote button here, :)

- The search with emails is still not working properly - We thought this was resolved and Email was being searched properly with the keystrokes.

They seem to be working. Check my other thread here: http://support.freshdesk.com/categories/2/forums/8/topics/717

- Pagination errors - Yes, we will address this.

Thanks.

- The "Unassigned" link on dashboard - It only reflects the Unassigned (closed too) tickets. Is there any specific use case here ?

Okay, they that's my bad. But in that case I don't find a practical usage for that. I want to see what tickets are unattended and waiting for a reply. I don't really care for those that are already in the past... It's your call, though.

- Reports date interval bug - Sorry was not able to reproduce this, but I will check this again and let you know. sorry to have missed this.

No problem. Remember that this affects recent tickets (like toda tickets). Maybe it as something to do with regional time zone? I really don't have any aditiona clue on why this behaves like this.

Also Vijay, I am still waiting on your support regarding the language translation. I've translated 100% of it but still many strings are in english, specially in the Widget window ("Description" and "Attach a File" strings). As usual, I can help on anything you need.

Hi Vijay,

No rush, I don't know about Mario, it's just the quietness that is more troubling than the long development process. I do understand that it takes time and testing is also important when it comes to SaaS, because once the update is deployed, a large majority of customers will be affected by it.

I'm not talking about the iOS app, that's not really important. What I mean is that some of our customers are given links to the solutions when we answer their questions but they view it on the iPhone, the problem is that they're not going to download the iOS app to do this. They'll open it in mobile browsers, and the website does not scale down well on the iPhone, you have to do a lot of dragging and it's just uncomfortable to read a long solution. It'd be nice if you guys can support a mobile theme, so that there's no dragging required and just scrolling is needed as the text will resize to fit the width of the devices.

I hope that's clear.

@mario-

- The search with emails is still not working properly - We thought this was resolved and Email was being searched properly with the keystrokes.

- Pagination errors - Yes, we will address this.

- The "Unassigned" link on dashboard - It only reflects the Unassigned (closed too) tickets. Is there any specific use case here ?

- Reports date interval bug - Sorry was not able to reproduce this, but I will check this again and let you know. sorry to have missed this.

@mike- iOS app is in quick development mode and I'm even more eager to bring out the App :)

Just requesting some patience from Customers and we will be back to quick updates of features.

regards

Vijay

Vijay,

It'd also be nice to know when the mobile version of the website would appear, so that some of our agents can work from there and also, our customers can view the solutions on the iPhone. It looks nice on the iPad but it is uncomfortable to surf through solutions on iPhone.

Last update was July.

There are some of issues that need your attention:

- The search with emails is still not working properly

- Pagination errors

- The "Unassigned" link on dashboard

- Reports date interval bug

Regarding features, I'm waiting with ansiety for:

- Name field in widget

- Auto-asign to group when submitting ticket through widget

- Solution database on widget

Hi Mario

Just a little bit of development going on and hence a bit quiet here 🙂 But rest assured, we're working to bring in some good features.

Is there any specific feature you're looking forward to ?

regards
Vijay