Question

Why Freshdesk doesnt support DM's instagram integration as other competitors already does?

• 14 December 2021
  • 13 replies

Instagram released its Messenger API to businesses on June 2, 2021. With this release, omnichannel customer support tools like Zendesk, DelightChat, Reamaze, and many others now integrate Instagram DM support directly into their products.

Currently, Freshdesk only supports Instagram comments and hasn’t integrated with DMs yet.

The question is why? 

This is really important for customers, for me is a “must have” and now I’m thinking in moving to another platform because i really need to have all channels in one place. 

Please Freshdesk team, let us know if you have this feature in short term backlog

Thanks in advance

13 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi Andreszarzar

Sorry that we kept you waiting. We are working on Insta DM integration. The integration should be like in the next couple of months. We will keep you posted. :)

Hi Krishanth Thangarajah,

Could you share a date to give customers when this integration is ready?

Thank you

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hi @andreszarzar and @palacioscamilo,

I understand how instagram is a much required feature in your case, unfortunately we cannot define a concrete ETA for the release. But, if it helps we do have a Third-party app that supports this integration.

Please visit this link for more details-

https://www.freshworks.com/apps/freshdesk/instagram/

This has been developed by Swedbyte and offers the following features-

• The app collects recent Instagram posts and tracks new activity, such as comments and replies. 

• You can then filter them by time/date or content, and comment or reply right from the app. If needed, the agents can also create separate tickets from certain comments, assign them to different agents and let your team collaborate to deliver replies.

• The app automatically checks for updates and highlights thumbnails of Instagram posts when new comments or replies are found in them, so you can be sure not to miss anything your customers and followers are writing.

Cheers!

Hey guys!

Just came from other helpdesk and Wow, I didn’t realize freshworks still don’t have Instagram’s native intagration, especially in a moment that this social media is the most important for a lot of business. 😦

Please, we need to be able to talk to our costumers that are on instagram. 

How can we make this happen as soon as possible? 

triyosigirinda, coudn't find the link for the discussion you mentioned.

I look forward to news!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hello @emanuelevalerio - thanks for writing in! I have passed on your message to the team and we’ll get back on an update! Have you also tried sharing this an idea? I can see its helpful to many and i’m sure we can have many members vote for this option too! 

Hi guys,

Thank Emanuele for telling this on behalf of many users using FreshDesk now. Social Media is very important, especially Instagram. We need to manage social comments and DM on FD instead of switching between platforms to check one by one or using the third-party app… That’s an inconvenience.

I just wonder, FB and Instagram are under the same company and they link together but why FD can’t integrate with IG as you did with FB?

Looking forward to see this on the update notes next time.

Thanks

Badge +1

just signed up to freshworks. I knew it was a third party app but i had no idea of the cost and no idea the app was so bad.

come on Fresh works. This Instagram integration is essential. I’m already thinking about leaving and I've only been with you 3 weeks.

Badge +1

Hi @andreszarzar and @palacioscamilo,

I understand how instagram is a much required feature in your case, unfortunately we cannot define a concrete ETA for the release. But, if it helps we do have a Third-party app that supports this integration.

• The app collects recent Instagram posts and tracks new activity, such as comments and replies. 

• You can then filter them by time/date or content, and comment or reply right from the app. If needed, the agents can also create separate tickets from certain comments, assign them to different agents and let your team collaborate to deliver replies.

• The app automatically checks for updates and highlights thumbnails of Instagram posts when new comments or replies are found in them, so you can be sure not to miss anything your customers and followers are writing.

Cheers!

that sound great plan waiting for it. Please announce in forum too. 

Badge

thats a great new am also waiting for do please do it as soon as possible

Badge

Hi @andreszarzar and @palacioscamilo,

Cheers!

hey thats great i am also waiting for it please do this as soon as possible

Badge +1

WHERE IS THIS UP TO PLEASE FRESHWORKS 

🛠️ Freshdesk team, integrating Instagram DM support is crucial for seamless customer service. Please prioritize this feature to enhance user experience and keep all channels unified. Your prompt action will retain loyal customers like me. Thank you! 🙏

i am also looking answer for this question, maybe freshdesk team will do something about this.integrating instagram support is really important to help business.

thank you so much.