Zendesk Import - Automations and Issues

• 24 June 2019
  • 4 replies

Looking to hear from users who have successfully migrated from Zendesk to Fresdesk. I am going to try it on a test account, but my only current concern is that users or other agents are going to be spammed with notifications and emails when I move our old Zendesk account to the active Freshdesk production environment. Any insights on this process and ways to minimize disruption to a production environment would be appreciated. 

Thanks,

4 replies

Brian Z Harris, I'm not sure would it still help you or you've already have migrated, but anyway it can help to other users, so I'm gonna tell what helped me. I've tried dozens of different software and online services, but this one ( https://help-desk-migration.com/zendesk-to-freshdesk-migration/ ), have the only working solution, that's why I can highly recommend.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hello!

Apologies for the delay in getting back. Ideally, you shouldn't face any discrepancies while migrating from Zendesk to Freshdesk. If you do, feel free to drop an email to support@freshdesk.com and we would be happy to help!

Thank you.

Hi,

We just migrated from Zendesk to Freshdesk and used the migration app available in the admin section. The migration of tickets, contact and companies went well, but our knowledge base did not. It copied 4 times the articles. I now have 800 articles instead of 200. I do not feel like deleting them manually!! 

How can we bulk delete the articles and do the migration again?

Thanks

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hi there, 

It all depends on the migration tool you choose for your data transfer. If you choose Help Desk Migration (it was mentioned above), then you need to consider the following:

1. Add the same agents you have on Zendesk to your Freshdesk account;

2. Your users and customers won’t get any notifications during the migration. If needed, you can turn off notifications Automation rules, Scenario Automations, and Email Notifications. Then, switch them on after the Full Data Migration.

3. Create the corresponding custom fields on Freshdesk prior to data migration. This way, you can map custom fields the way same they would transfer. 

4. Freshdesk considers inactive or deleted contacts as Spam. Double-check if you have such.

5. Base64 inline images in Knowledge Base articles will migrate into attachments.

6. If needed, create the required custom Contact and Company.

7. If you migrate from Zendesk to Freshdesk, you can also migrate content translations and call recordings.

And, the automated migration tool doesn’t duplicate your data. So, you won’t have issues like in the question above.

For more details, check this out.

Best regards, 

Tetiana