API to merge tickets - OR attach Outbound Email to existing tickets

• 28 October 2017
  • 3 replies

• New Participant
  • 0 replies

the Outbound Email API has been integral with our system, however normally this function is used in response to an existing ticket.  

When we send an Outbound Email - it creates a ticket.

After the Outbound Email ticket is created, we have to Merge it with the existing ticket and then close that ticket.

I'd like to do this by API - it would be best if the Outbound Email can attach to an existing ticket, however I do not see this functionality on the API.

Another option, would be to merge the two tickets after the new Outbound Email ticket is created... however I cannot find this functionality either.

Please help

aravind.sundararajan 3 years ago

Hello Shaw,

The Outbound email function can be used in cases where the first contact is made from Freshdesk to the user. Maybe I can suggest using Conversations API instead of outbound email API in order to reply to a ticket. This will simplify the workflow and also negates the need to merge tickets . Let me know if this helps :)

Cheers!

View original

3 replies

Hello Shaw,

The Outbound email function can be used in cases where the first contact is made from Freshdesk to the user. Maybe I can suggest using Conversations API instead of outbound email API in order to reply to a ticket. This will simplify the workflow and also negates the need to merge tickets . Let me know if this helps :)

Cheers!

Hello aravind.sundararajan,

I want to use the API conversations to reply to ticket but I can’t see how it work.

Could you help me with an exemple please.

Regards,

Hey @Ons,
You can make use of the Create a reply API to directly reply to a ticket instead of sending an outbound email.
Do have a look at this and let us know if you have any issues with the same.
Cheers!