Solved

Create a widget with hidden fields and prefill them with custom data

• 8 April 2021
  • 1 reply

Hi,

I’m new to Freshdesk and I’m looking to include the feedback widget in an application.
I can’t figure out if it is possible to create a hidden field in the widget that contains the username of the current user that submits the form.
So basically I’m trying to pass some extra data when submitting the form but without annoying the user with asking for his language and username because I already have this info.
Will I need to use the API for this or can I just keep using the widget include?

Thanks in advance.

icon

Best answer by hemanth.ramya 8 April 2021, 13:46

Hello Matthias,

You can pre-populate and disable the common relevant information, like name, email address (based on existing data) in your Freshdesk feedback form when your customers try to get in touch with you. Please refer to this article to customize the feedback form as per your requirements.

Alternately, you can also use the enhanced Help widget to suffice your requirements. Check out this article to get detailed insights on the same.

Cheers,

Freshdesk Community Team

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 1

Hello Matthias,

You can pre-populate and disable the common relevant information, like name, email address (based on existing data) in your Freshdesk feedback form when your customers try to get in touch with you. Please refer to this article to customize the feedback form as per your requirements.

Alternately, you can also use the enhanced Help widget to suffice your requirements. Check out this article to get detailed insights on the same.

Cheers,

Freshdesk Community Team