Solved

Our vendor uses FreshDesk and they do not know how to get us an API key for our systems

• 3 July 2021
  • 5 replies

Our vendor uses FreshDesk, but they are not sure how to get us an API key. We only want to create tickets, do they have to create a user account for us under their account? 

icon

Best answer by Keer 4 July 2021, 00:04

Are you referring to creating tickets using Create ticket API or creating ticket from Agent portal? You can drop a mail to their support address and a ticket would be created in their system. 

Kindly elaborate the requirementso that we can help you better here. 

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hello @manuel.guzman, good day! The admin of the Freshdesk account can login to Freshdesk → Click on their profile picture on the top right and select 'Profile Settings'. 

Profile Settings

On the right, they’d be able to find the API key

API

Ensure that you use a full-time admin’s API key. If you have any further queries, please post them here and we’d be glad to help. 

Thanks!

But wouldn’t that API key give us full access to their account? We want to only create new tickets. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Are you referring to creating tickets using Create ticket API or creating ticket from Agent portal? You can drop a mail to their support address and a ticket would be created in their system. 

Kindly elaborate the requirementso that we can help you better here. 

I was referring to creating a ticket using the Create Ticket API, however the email solution is clearly better. Unfortunately the vendor is not aware of this functionality! Or at least the three support people we have asked about this. I will forward your instructions on how to configure this (https://support.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/37541) so that we can move forward. 

Thank you for your help

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

I was referring to creating a ticket using the Create Ticket API, however the email solution is clearly better. Unfortunately the vendor is not aware of this functionality! Or at least the three support people we have asked about this. I will forward your instructions on how to configure this (https://support.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/37541) so that we can move forward. 

Thank you for your help

Sure, Manuel. I am glad we could help :)