Solved

Reporting Using API

• 27 May 2021
  • 3 replies

I’m using the API to export data and replicate certain metrics so that I can integrate data from separate platforms onto one dashboard in PowerBI. 

I’m running into issues trying to accurately replicate these metrics:

• # of Tickets Resolved within SLA
  • # of Tickets Responded to within SLA
  • First Call Resolution

What would be the best way of calculating these accurately? The traditional fields for calculating the SLA-related metrics also aren’t part of the API. 

The other issue I’m running into is having no time entry data - it’s hard to get any trending data because of the way the API works. 

Hopefully someone has found something that works! 

icon

Best answer by hemanth.ramya 28 May 2021, 13:53

Hello @lyang,

For your requirements, you can make use of Data export functionality in Freshdesk analytics to get the aforementioned metrics. Via API, you would get the list of tickets along with the metrics you choose. Please refer to the article link to get detailed insights on the same: 

https://support.freshdesk.com/en/support/solutions/articles/50000000033-exporting-your-data-in-analytics

Let us know in case you are not getting the expected data and we can assist you accordingly. Regarding your other issue reported, can you please elaborate more on the same with relevant screenshots? You can alternately write to support@freshdesk.com and we would be happy to help! 

Cheers, 

Freshdesk Community Team

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 3

Hello @lyang,

For your requirements, you can make use of Data export functionality in Freshdesk analytics to get the aforementioned metrics. Via API, you would get the list of tickets along with the metrics you choose. Please refer to the article link to get detailed insights on the same: 

https://support.freshdesk.com/en/support/solutions/articles/50000000033-exporting-your-data-in-analytics

Let us know in case you are not getting the expected data and we can assist you accordingly. Regarding your other issue reported, can you please elaborate more on the same with relevant screenshots? You can alternately write to support@freshdesk.com and we would be happy to help! 

Cheers, 

Freshdesk Community Team

Hi Hemanth, thank you for your reply! 

This does help me a bit. My main issue is wanting to report the trends over time. For example, I want to capture the FCR and how it has gone up/down with a daily level of granularity. Ideally we would be able to refresh this report in our BI tool daily as well.

Would this be possible using the above solution? 

Userlevel 1

Hi Hemanth, thank you for your reply! 

This does help me a bit. My main issue is wanting to report the trends over time. For example, I want to capture the FCR and how it has gone up/down with a daily level of granularity. Ideally we would be able to refresh this report in our BI tool daily as well.

Would this be possible using the above solution? 

Hey @lyang 

If you are trying to build trends over time report for the No. of Tickets Resolved within SLA, No. of Tickets Responded within SLA, and First Contact Resolution, I believe you will need to set up a custom report under Analytics to accomplish this in Freshdesk. However,  you will not be able to create a daily trends report as you see under the Reports section. 

To achieve what you are looking for, you can download(export) the data from Freshdesk as Hemant Ramya mentioned in her response above and run the metrics(Tickets Resolved within SLA, Tickets Responded within SLA, and First Contact Resolution) over the Created Date, Resolved Date or the Closed Date from your Power BI tool. Here is a guide for creating custom reports n the Power BI service from an Excel/CSV file.

Cheers!

Aldrin,
Freshworks Community Team