Solved

Using Reply Ticket API for Requester

• 24 February 2021
  • 3 replies

Halo, I’m trying to use Reply Ticket API for customer/requester ticket. This is my case:

1. First I try with follow instruction in API documentation https://developers.freshdesk.com/api/?_ga=2.119541323.2120030625.1613461986-1300184086.1613461986#reply_ticket. I get error when hit this API “There is no active email_config matching the given from_email”. For “from_email” parameter, I use customer/requester ticket email. Then to second case.

2. I follow the instruction here 

Response API success, but if I see to the ticket detail in Freshdesk Portal, this Reply has incorrect “to_email” and “from-email".

Anyone can help?

icon

Best answer by Keer 24 February 2021, 18:14

Hi @Haposan, good day! 

In the API call, you can specify the from_email if you want the reply to be sent from a specific support email. Say, customer X has mailed to support email A. Now, if you have more than one support email configured under Admin → Email, you can use the from_email parameter to choose from which email the reply mentioned in the body should be sent to the requester. This is an optional parameter and the reply will be from the agent side. Else, the reply would be sent from the global support email. The API call would be like: 

Now, if you wish to create a reply on behalf of the customer then the parameter you should be using is user_id.

To fetch the value for the user_iD, click on the contact name from the ticket details page. You would be redirected to the contact profile and you would see an ID in the browser tab as below: 

If you use this ID, in this case, 67016308724, as the value for user_id,  a reply would be added in the ticket on behalf of the contact whose ID is used in the call. I am attaching a screenshot of as well for your referance below: 

I hope this helps. If you need further help, I’d suggest you write to support@freshdesk.com and we’d be glad to assist you as always :) 

Cheers, 

Keer, 

freshworks Community Team. 

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @Haposan, good day! 

In the API call, you can specify the from_email if you want the reply to be sent from a specific support email. Say, customer X has mailed to support email A. Now, if you have more than one support email configured under Admin → Email, you can use the from_email parameter to choose from which email the reply mentioned in the body should be sent to the requester. This is an optional parameter and the reply will be from the agent side. Else, the reply would be sent from the global support email. The API call would be like: 

Now, if you wish to create a reply on behalf of the customer then the parameter you should be using is user_id.

To fetch the value for the user_iD, click on the contact name from the ticket details page. You would be redirected to the contact profile and you would see an ID in the browser tab as below: 

If you use this ID, in this case, 67016308724, as the value for user_id,  a reply would be added in the ticket on behalf of the contact whose ID is used in the call. I am attaching a screenshot of as well for your referance below: 

I hope this helps. If you need further help, I’d suggest you write to support@freshdesk.com and we’d be glad to assist you as always :) 

Cheers, 

Keer, 

freshworks Community Team. 

Hai Keer,

Thank you for answer my question. 

Yes I know. If I wish to create a reply on behalf of the customer, then I passed user_id as parameter in request body. Yes I’ve done it. But the problem is, in Freshdesk Ticket Portal, the reply before have incorrect to_email. It becomes customer email that reply the ticket. It should be to_email = support email. 

Thanks before

Userlevel 3

Apologies for the delay in getting back here, Haposan.

We can see that your API queries have been addressed via a ticket. For any further help, feel free to drop a note here or reply back on the ticket and we would be more than happy to assist you! :)

Cheers,

Freshdesk Community Team