Auto Start Timer

The Auto Start timer fires up when the ticket is open and stops ticking only when the ticket is closed or resolved. Keep track of the amount of time taken to close a ticket. You can even use the timer to reward agents. If the agent has to work on another ticket immediately, the timer can be stopped till the agent returns to work on the current ticket. 

Instructions

1. Download the zip file.

2. Unzip and open the .txt file

3. Copy the code from the file

4. Go to Admin->Integration->Freshplugs in you dashboard and click the new Freshplug button

5. Give a Name and Description to this plug for future reference

6. Select the text box “Show this widget in ticket view page”

7. Copy the code from the .txt file here and click the button "create and enable"

screenshot_14986.png

This topic has been closed for comments

19 replies

This just saved me from needing to find an alternate solution to Fresdesk great addition.  Can I assume that it will track the time as long as the ticket is open there will be no validation for the screen being active or the focus of the OS. 

Would be great to be able to filter time entries out of the dashboard in this case.

Example user working in FD opens ticket then navigates to different browser tab or application, the clock will still run?

Hi Jacob

This wont work in your plan, it will work only in Blossom plan

thanks

vijay

What would be awesome, is if the timer was paused while the ticket is in a status other than 'open'.

Is it possible that the timer only starts when a specific status is set?

@Mgb that would be perfect

I totally agree with Mgb's suggestion!

Please make that an option!!

I'd also propose that if you leave that ticket open in the browser it tracks time, but if you close the browser, it stops timing. 

Has there been any movement on Philippe Mesritz suggestion? We use the timer to record how much time each agent spends on the call, so It would be beneficial if the clock automatically started when the ticket is displayed and the timer stops when the browser window is closed, with the ability to add another entry to detail more actions along with the time taken to perform them, which will also stop when the ticket browser is closed.  

Hi, do you know how i can set the time entry as no billiable?

i got it , "billable":false 

First thanks for creating this and publishing it for the community.

This would be amazing if the timer started and stop when the windows was not active so say an agent gets a call and starts working on another ticket the orginal one will not be active and the timer would pause automatically ?

^^ Alex see this new one https://support.freshdesk.com/support/discussions/topics/311949

It does stop the timer when starting activity on another ticket. 

I wonder if those two freshplugs will play nice. If you do try out both installs let me know!

Hello,

Thank for sharing this freshplug, it works well. However, will it continue working when API V1 will be deprecated?

Best regards,

Rodolphe

Hello,

Any update regarding API deprecation?

Best regards,

Rodolphe

Hi Vjimenez,

Would it be possible for you to share the complete script which will not set Billable to default.

Hi Mathew Jacob, the is my script, actually not use anymore, but works.

<script type="text/javascript">
(function($) {
$(document).ready(function() {
var ticket_id = window.location.pathname.split('/')[3];
var time_entries_path = window.location.pathname + "/time_sheets.json";
var userid = $('#LoggedOptions > .link').first().attr('href').split('/')[2];

$.ajax({
url: time_entries_path,
dataType: 'json',
type: 'GET',
success: function(time_entries) {

var new_entry = { time_entry: { user_id: userid ,billable:false, hhmm: '00.01', note: 'Revisión del Caso'} };
$.ajax({
url: time_entries_path,
dataType: 'json',
type: 'POST',
data: new_entry

});

}

});
});
})(jQuery);
</script>

Thanks a bunch Vjimenez

Hey

I found this app very interesting. We are on the blossom plan and i would like to use the auto start timer. Well i'm not so much into coding what i did i just copy pasted the code from the .txt file.and after click on create and enable and then when i do show preview , nothing shows in the preview window.

Could you help me please.

Hello Savita,

You won't see any preview as this a background process. To check if it works, open any ticket created, then go to dashboard and verify if you see any log activity :"X added a timer" or something similar.

Hope this helps.

Hi. Does this only work in the Blossom plan?