Solved

PowerAutomate Integrations - Error with Due By Field

I’m using Sharepoint, PowerApps, and Power Automate to create a ticket. 

This page indicates the format for Due By is  yyyy-MM-ddTHH🇲🇲ssZ <Part of this keeps turning into an emoji when I save the post. See the linked article since I can’t type it here. 

When I attempt to pass 2021-05-17T20:03:00Z to the Due By field in Power Automate, I’m getting the following error, 

{"description":"Validation failed","errors":[{"field":"fr_due_by","message":"It should not be blank if due_by is given","code":"missing_field"}]}  

If I leave the Due By field blank, the ticket is created successfully.

I know this isn’t a PowerApp forum but I’m getting the impression the documentation isn’t correct for this field. Or, more likely, I’m doing something completely wrong. 

icon

Best answer by Keer 4 May 2021, 15:59

Hello @anthonys123, apologies for the delay in getting back to you here. 

If you are passing value for the due_by field when creating a ticket, the fr_due_by field should also be passed as that’s mandatory and the value should be lesser than the value specified in the due_by field. 

Timestamp that denotes when the first response is due - fr_due_by

Timestamp that denotes when the ticket is due to be resolved - due_by

Hence, you can either pass the value for First response due by and Resolution due by or you can skip both.

That said, the issue is not because of the format of the timestamp and you can use any of the date formats mentioned here

If you have further queries, please post them here and we’d be glad to help! 

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hello @anthonys123, I hope you are doing well and thank you for reaching out to us. Shortly, a Product Community Manager will assist you in resolving your concerns. We appreciate your patience. 

I see that you have recently joined Refresh Community, Welcome and it is great to have you on board! 

As a first step, we recommend checking out these links:

1. Whats Trending - Currently Popular and widely discussed topics on Refresh Community
  2. User Groups - For like-minded professionals to come together, discuss and share thoughts.
  3. Interest Areas - Discuss everything around how you can constantly innovate and deliver better experiences to your employees, customers and partners!
  4.  Community Guidelines

I hope these quick links will be of assistance. 

We are thrilled to have you as a Refresh Community Member.

Cheers,
Sana 

@SanaSiddiqui We really need to figure this out asap. How can I get actual support from Freshdesk?

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hello @anthonys123, apologies for the delay in getting back to you here. 

If you are passing value for the due_by field when creating a ticket, the fr_due_by field should also be passed as that’s mandatory and the value should be lesser than the value specified in the due_by field. 

Timestamp that denotes when the first response is due - fr_due_by

Timestamp that denotes when the ticket is due to be resolved - due_by

Hence, you can either pass the value for First response due by and Resolution due by or you can skip both.

That said, the issue is not because of the format of the timestamp and you can use any of the date formats mentioned here

If you have further queries, please post them here and we’d be glad to help! 

Got it. So you can not create a due by date without also having a first response date (which I would just set as the current time). Seems reasonable!  

So, based on that schema, I can just use YYYY-MM-DD to say a ticket is ‘due by Friday’ instead of ‘5:00pm Friday’? 

Unfortunately, theres a Microsoft error preventing me from checking on this right now. 

Error: Users may be unable to load the Gateway or Connections pages within Power Automate and experience flow authoring issues for certain flows in the US region starting from Tuesday, May 4, 2021, at 8:00 AM UTC. We are actively looking into this issue. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Yes @anthonys123, it should work. But, if the timezone is not specified, it would be considered in UTC. Also, if you pass just the date, month and year, the HH:MM:SSz would be considered as   00:00:00z as below: 

FR Due and Due by time

I hope this helps! 

It worked! Thank you!!  

At first had an error that the first response time had to be greater than the ticket creation time. Added a ‘get future time’ of 2 minutes and it worked :grinning:

{"description":"Validation failed","errors":[{"field":"fr_due_by","message":"Has to be greater than ticket creation time","code":"invalid_value"}]}

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

It worked! Thank you!!  

At first had an error that the first response time had to be greater than the ticket creation time. Added a ‘get future time’ of 2 minutes and it worked :grinning:

{"description":"Validation failed","errors":[{"field":"fr_due_by","message":"Has to be greater than ticket creation time","code":"invalid_value"}]}

I am glad we could help, @anthonys123 :)