Telephony App

• 11 June 2018
  • 5 replies

Good morning.

I am trying to write an app/plugin/integration for Telephony company.

What I am trying to accomplished:

a) visible all the time app - like in ticket_top_navigation (I saw some apps are visible in the right bottom corner, but I can't find that in documentation)

b) put an iframe inside this app (It worked for the first time, now I doesn't)

c) configure click to dial (so the user will trigger an iframe action on clicking telephone icon)

There are more but I know how to to the rest - at least I think so.

Thanks!

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hello Michal,

Welcome to the Freshdesk community! You can find more information about the app locations here: https://developer.freshdesk.com/v2/docs/app-locations/

I understand that you're trying to create an app that lets users to connect to a telephony service. I think we might have a better option in a few weeks from now - we'd be launching the CTI framework on Mint that would allow you to easily setup any telephony integration with Freshdesk. 

You can read more about the CTI framework that is available on the Classic UI here.

Cheers!

Aravind thank you !

If we will be forced to deliver plugin faster. Is there a possibility to create plugin that is visible all the time?

what I mean. Our telephony interface is 230px width and 550px height, which is good when I am using ticket top navigation. Not enough for contact.

Will be there contact top navication - or is there any way to expand contact 

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

@Michal My best bet would be to use the app.initialized() event as it loads the app every time the page is rendered. Since the function of the app is to load a widget that's not related to the Freshdesk elements, you can use this method.

"Unless you are building an app that is completely isolated (independent of the data on the page), the core logic of the app should not be within the app.initialized() callback."

Cheers!

Hi Aravind, 

I'm in a similar point that Michael. I'm trying to do an integration for my Telephony Company. Do you know when will the new CTI framework be launched? Do you recommend waiting for this new framework? 

Thanks!

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

@Jose The CTI integration is already live on Mint. We'll release the public documentation soon. I'd definitely say its not going to take more than a week.

Cheers!