User provisioning connector for Azure Active Directory

• 11 February 2017
  • 4 replies

Hi,

I work for Microsoft on the Azure Active Directory team, and am interested in hearing from anyone who would like to see automating user account provisioning supported from Azure Active Directory to Freshdesk.

Azure Active Directory supports a number of different connectors that automate provisioning and de-provisioning of user accounts to various SaaS applications via their Web APIs. Single sign-on is presently supported between Azure AD and Freshdesk, but there is no provisioning connector yet.

We are investigating building such a connector. Interested?

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Yes, very interested. Right now we have to manually assign users. If we could even just assign a security group as we can with other integrations, that would be a massive win.

Thanks! If you or anyone would like to talk to us directly about your requirements and/or be contacted as soon as we have the connector ready, please use the app request form here: https://feedback.azure.com/forums/374982-azure-active-directory-application-requests/category/172035-user-provisioning 

Badge +2

Aaron -- If I understand correctly what you are proposing, I'd be all for it.  Just to be sure, would this create a 'customer' entry in Freshdesk for all of our users in AAD, and populate all of their relevant details (name, phone number, email, etc) in freshdesk using the info from AAD?

Also, would it perpetually sync user info from AAD, so that changes made to a user account in AAD would be reflected in Freshdesk as well?

Azure AD integration would be great thank you. Spent 2 days attempting to get SAML working ! complete waste of engineering time.