Question

Customer Portal - Sort Messages Feature MISSING

Badge +1

Since the agent portal has a feature to sort replies and comments by date (most recent or oldest), it would be nice to have this feature for free in the agent portal.

To expand further, when you visit the customer portal, what you see is the oldest message on the top of the webpage here: 

What is missing is a way to sort the messages in any way, this is rather incovieneint for customers with very long threads and hundreds of messages. They need to scroll all the way to the bottom of the page to see the most recent response in this view. 

Furthermore, a customer could sort their tickets by oldest - newest or vice versa. As you can see below, this feature exists for tickets in the customer portal, but not for replies.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hello @ahynes, I agree that this should be a default behavior available with freshdesk out of the box. However, I am sure that with the massive amount of customization that can be done with the support portal you could write out some logic to get this result. Perhaps raising the ask to support@freshdesk.com can get you some help in designing that feature. Or maybe another community member has already written out a code snippet to get this to work. You could try adding it here to get some more visibility. Best of luck!

Badge +1

Hello @ahynes, I agree that this should be a default behavior available with freshdesk out of the box. However, I am sure that with the massive amount of customization that can be done with the support portal you could write out some logic to get this result. Perhaps raising the ask to support@freshdesk.com can get you some help in designing that feature. Or maybe another community member has already written out a code snippet to get this to work. You could try adding it here to get some more visibility. Best of luck!

Hi Zach,

Funny that you should mention reaching out to support@freshdesk.com, I actually did before this and will share what they said with everyone here for future reference.

“We do not have a native feature to reorder the responses in reverse order on the customer portal but to check on the feasibility and proceed further if possible, we will have to loop in third-party developers to look into it. This will be a custom request and will have additional costs to it which will be quoted by the SI partners after checking the feasibility.”

Thanks for pointing me to the right place, I’ll be sure to repost there.