Solved

Automatically added entries to the Knowledge Base via kbase email crashes the app

• 2 April 2021
  • 4 replies

While testing the functionality documented here:

Is there way to add tickets automatically to the solutions or knowledge base?

Any email sent to kbase@<yourcompanyname>.freshdesk.com from your agent email address would be created as a draft solution article inside your Freshdesk Account. You can choose to have this email address added as a bcc email if you'd like to have all tickets automatically added to the knowledge base or you can also manually forward the tickets to this email address, which would save them as solution article drafts.

I found that tickets do correctly end up as drafts in the Solutions section --the Knowledge Base-- but there’s several issues which happen once you decide to edit them:

• Upon entering the edit view, the app won’t ever react to actions (publish, cancel, not even menu navigation). I checked the JS console and saw several nasty errors both on Firefox and Chrome.
  • The right bar of “article properties” doesn’t show up. I suspect this is caused by the previous issue.
  • The article doesn’t belong to any category. This would be fine if it could be later moved to another category, but since the right bar doesn’t show up it’s kindof doomed to be left there as not categorized. I guess this is also caused by the first issue.
  • The conversation related to the forwarded email doesn’t show up in the generated article. For example, I’d like for previous messages in the conversation to be included in the article. They don’t. This isn’t an error strictly, more like a very desirable feature for me.
  • Likewise, forwarding several messages in a single conversation creates several KB articles. It’d be nice if they got somehow extended, or linked.

Disclaimer: I’m testing all of these in a separate trial account.

icon

Best answer by hemanth.ramya 2 April 2021, 10:43

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hello @kklingenberg,

Thanks for bringing this to our notice. We have acknowledged the issue with solution articles - editing/publishing (added via Kbase email) at our end and the technical team is currently working on the fix. We’ll keep you posted with further updates here. Apologies for the inconvenience caused!

At the moment, emails forwarded to the Kbase email would display the content of that specific email in the draft section. Your ask with related conversations seems thoughtful and we are happy to explore the possibilities of this feature being picked up.

Also, to link solution articles in your knowledge base, you can check out this article to understand more about the same.

Cheers,

Freshdesk Community Team

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Good day, @kklingenberg,

We have fixed the issue with solution articles - editing/publishing (added via Kbase email) and you should now be able to access the article drafts without any discrepancies.

Thank you,

Freshdesk Community Team

Amazing! That was quick. Thanks a lot! :clap:

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Cheers, @kklingenberg. :)