Backspace removes the following space after removing a word

In the tradition of https://support.freshdesk.com/support/discussions/topics/324891 now the opposite happens

Instead of removing the SPACE before the current cursor position it now removes the SPACE after the current cursor position.

e.g. type into a response email:

This is my email

then move the cursor left using arrow keys (or mouse) and delete the word "my" (using backspace or delete key)
-> the SPACE between "my" and "email" will also be deleted.

12 replies

@robertwenzel The backspace issue is something we're hearing from a lot of our customers and it is recognized as a bug at our end. The behavior seems to be arising due to an issue at Froala(Editor) end.

Also, the issue seems to be extremely sporadic and our team is working on this utmost priority to get this fixed understanding other dependencies, the severity, and criticality of the issue.

We shall soon have an update on this and have you posted about the fix once it is rolled out. 

Thanks!

Aldrin,
Freshdesk Community Team

It’s not sporadic for us. We have multiple people in our organization who experience this consistently on Chrome. It might stop after an update or maybe a computer restart, but only for a short while before it’s back to being a consistent issue.

@rburke We totally understand the inconvenience caused due to the bug. We’ll definitely make sure to update this thread as soon as it’s fixed.

Thanks!

Aarthy

Freshdesk Community Team

I am having this issue too, thought my keyboard was ghosting. It either removes an extra space charter or does not remove a space character if multiple space characters are stacked.

It has gotten really bad, I am noticing it happening with every support ticket now.

There is an unnoticed hand-eye coordination with the backspace key specifically because it is often used many times in a row, normally it goes un-noticed when the number of clicks equal the number of spaces the cursor moves, but when it does not sync up, it is like playing a video game with dropped frames.

For us, this is not sporadic. There are several people in our organization (worktime) who constantly encounter this in Chrome. It may stop after updating or possibly restarting your computer, but only for a short time before the problem becomes permanent again.

Can you please tell me if chrome can stop after updating or restarting the computer?
Userlevel 2

For us, this is not sporadic. There are several people in our organization (worktime) who constantly encounter this in Chrome. It may stop after updating or possibly restarting your computer, but only for a short time before the problem becomes permanent again.

Can you please tell me if chrome can stop after updating or restarting the computer?

Hi @OliviaKind21, are you facing any issues in using Freshdesk in Chrome? Ideally, Chrome shouldn’t stop. But, based on the settings, your browser session might be paused which can be resumed if you login again. If you are facing any issues, please share more details in a mail to support@freshdek.com and we’d be glad to help you. 

I’m having the same issue. Clearing the cookies/cache, restarting the browser, incognito mode, running without addons doesn’t make a difference. It’s constant for me.

It has been happening for a month now, and happens on two different computers.
Windows 10, Google Chrome Version 89.0.4389.90 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Windows 7,  Google Chrome  Version 89.0.4389.90 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Userlevel 2

I am having this issue too, thought my keyboard was ghosting. It either removes an extra space charter or does not remove a space character if multiple space characters are stacked.

It has gotten really bad, I am noticing it happening with every support ticket now.

There is an unnoticed hand-eye coordination with the backspace key specifically because it is often used many times in a row, normally it goes un-noticed when the number of clicks equal the number of spaces the cursor moves, but when it does not sync up, it is like playing a video game with dropped frames.

Hello @ControlAlt, We can understand how frustrating it can be when you are facing this issue multiple times.  As Aldrin had mentioned in the previous thread, this issue is reported at Flora’s end as well. 

Our developers are working on fixing this issue on a priority and we’ll be sure to keep you posted here once the fix is live.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused. 

Userlevel 2

I’m having the same issue. Clearing the cookies/cache, restarting the browser, incognito mode, running without addons doesn’t make a difference. It’s constant for me.

It has been happening for a month now, and happens on two different computers.
Windows 10, Google Chrome Version 89.0.4389.90 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Windows 7,  Google Chrome  Version 89.0.4389.90 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Hello @agibbons, Thanks for sharing the device details as well. As mentioned in this thread, our developers have acknowledged this issue as a bug. We’ll be sure to keep you posted once the fix the live. Please bear with us in the interim. 

Userlevel 1

Thanks for sharing your insights on the issue, @bethay aoror. We will keep you posted as soon as the reported issue is fixed. Appreciate your understanding!

Cheers,

Freshdesk Community Team

writing a new paragraph, but when deleting words with more words following it ... Then Ctrl + Backspace works as normal (with or without a space before the cursor): ... With the cursor directly after the word to be deleted, Ctrl + Backspace will ...

Dolls wear a classic style of dresses. These include everything, kimonos, corsets, wigs, boots, umbrellas, purses, skirts, costumes, blouse, shoes, and so much more! lolita fashion here Lolita outfits that will last you a lifetime and leave an impression from the day you wear them.