Email Notifications not working from Freshdesk

I have created a ticket on this; their email server appears to not be sending mail.

This topic has been closed for comments

35 replies

Same here.

Update from Vijay:
---------
Hi
Sorry for the inconvenience caused.Our Mail service Provider - Sendgrid is facing some outage due to which mails that are to be delivered are delayed.Sendgrid Team is working on this and hope to get this issue resolved ASAP.

Due to this Email Notifications , Export reports are getting affected.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

regards
Vijay

Thanks for the update

http://status.sendgrid.com has the current status of their mail server.

Has this been resolved yet?

We're still have issues here, checked email addresses, Exchange mail tracking and email anti-virus but nothing is getting out of the web site.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hey Marc,

Really sorry for responding so late. 

Can you please raise a ticket at support (at) freshdesk (dot) com so that we can look into the issue and solve it sooner for you? 

Thanks,

Annapoorna 

Annapoorna.. Am awaiting an update on the case i have raised pertaining to the same problem.

Unticking the "Can see all tickets from this company" on the customer edit screen worked for me. An annoying problem as our client would like to see all issues on one screen from their company AND get email responses, rather than just individual customers.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hey Binitha,

I have updated you on your ticket. Please have a look.

Thanks,

Annapoorna 

I am seeing this issue too. Not even seeing any attempt from freshdesk mail servers to ours. Really frustrating, as looks to be a great product aside from the e mail support.

Hi Dan

Must be an issue from Sendgrid - Your Mail server side, but we can troubleshoot this.

can you submit a Ticket, so we can look into this in more details ?

regards
Vijay

Hi there, I already had, but gave up due to no resolution. number was #43725 - No reply after 12 days

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hey Dan,

Really sorry for not attending to your ticket. I'm looking into it right away. 

Sorry agian.

Anna

Marc Hall mentioned this above...

"Can see all tickets from this company" on a company's contact doesn't email them notifications about their users' requests.  Our customer contacts are consistently asking for that -- any ETA?

We've manually setup Dispatch'r rules to CC requests to each contact, but the email body is extremely terse -- not even including a hyperlink to that ticket -- and I see no email template that we can edit.  

If fixing Dispatch'r is easier, it would at least be a helpful band-aid until you email-enable the "Can see all tickets from this company" feature.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hello Robert, 

If you would like to include the ticket URL on the reply template, please go to Admin>>Email Notifications and switch to the "Reply Templates" tab. 

Here, choose to Edit the "Agent Reply Template". This is where you can make use of the placeholder "Public Ticket URL" from the Insert Placeholder option.

Let me know if this helped or you need further assistance. I will always be glad to help out!

Thanks,
Anna

Thanks for the
reply, Anna.  Unfortunately, Agent Replies isn’t what I asked about.  

There are 2 issues:

1) As Marc Hall mentioned in this thread, when we check "Can
see all tickets from this company"
for a company’s contact, that user does
not get email notifications about
their users’ requests.  This is being
asked for by multiple customers, so it's conspicuously absent.

2) To work around this, we setup Dispatch’r rules to CC requests to
those contacts.  This is inconvenient, but
it does email them notifications. 

a. Unfortunately, that CC email includes no link.

b. Unfortunately, that CC email has no editable template to fix the missing link.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hey Rob, 

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. 

And yes, you're absolutely right. Let me pass these to my Product Manager and see if we can tweak the existing model a  little bit to suit your requirements. 

I will definitely keep you posted on the updates. 

Thanks,

Anna

Hi Anna.  Any news on this yet?

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Rob, 

Unfortunately, we are yet to take this up for development. 

Currently, we're undergoing a major architectural upgrade aimed towards overall performance enhancement and hence the other new features have been stalled. 

I will definitely try to push this further up on our roadmap.

Thanks,

Anna

Hi Anna, how about now?

we constantly have email issues with FD as well. You must fix this asap.

Hi Anna, we're 3+ years into discussing these Freshdesk problems with you, 2+years since you said you'd push to get it fixed, and have no responses since then to your customers' requests for news.

Can you please give your Freshbooks community a status update?  

As a recap, There are 2 issues:

1) As Marc Hall mentioned in this thread, when we check "Can see all tickets from this company" for a company’s contact, that user does not get email notifications about their users’ requests.  This is being asked for by multiple customers, so it's conspicuously absent.

2) To work around this, we setup Dispatch’r rules to CC requests to those contacts.  This is inconvenient, but it does email them notifications.  

a. Unfortunately, that CC email includes no link.

b. Unfortunately, that CC email has no editable template to fix the missing link.

Hi,

We have been experiencing issues with emial notification when customer sends/rasie a ticket.

Anyone else having this issue?

thanks

Hi Zed.  Yes, we also have that problem in addition.

Hey, Freshdesk Support: can we get an update?

Hello Zed\Rob,

Could you please elaborate us on what issues you are facing with email deliveries? You could also write to "support@freshdesk.com" so that we can do some detailed troubleshooting.

Rob,

For point 1, if you've selected "Can see all tickets from the company" for a user, the user would be able to view all the tickets raised by other users from the same company. If you need to set up email notifications for that user, you could set up a Dispatch'r rule which you've setup already.

For point 2, you can edit the CC notification template. This can be done under Admin-->Email Notifications-->CC Notifications.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks,

Vc