Solved

Error while installing Slack app to a specific Slack workplace.

• 2 June 2021
  • 6 replies

Hi,

When I install Slack app, an error occurs. The error message is “Error while installing the app”.

It only happens with my specific Slack workspace, which I want to integrate with. I successfully installed the app to the another Slack workspace. Of course, the user of the Slack is an admin account.

To be precise, Freshdesk app (Legacy) was installed to my Slack workspace, but the Slack app was not installed to my Freshdesk account with the error message.

Where do you think is the problem?

Masahiro

icon

Best answer by Keer 3 June 2021, 11:24

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hello @from2001vr, can you quickly check if the same slack space has been integrated with another Freshdesk account? As far as we’ve seen, this error would be thrown when you try integrating the same slack account with different Freshdesk accounts. 

We’ll also log a ticket on your behalf to troubleshoot this further. Have a good day! 

@Keer 
Thank you for your help.

I don’t think that there is another Freshdesk account in our Slack workspace.

I made sure that all Freshdesk app was removed from my Slack workspace before I try to install the app again. 

I just try it again at 18:40 on June 3rd, 2021 JST. If it’s possible, please check the system log.
​​​​​

These are the screenshots of the install process.

1, I made sure that there no Freshdesk app on my slack workspace. (I removed them first.)

2, Permission process was OK.

3, This process was also OK.

4, Error occurs after clicking “Install” button.

5, The app was not installed to my FreshDesk account, but FresDesk(Legacy) app was installed to my Slack workspace.

If you need further information, please let me know.

Best regards,
Masahiro

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Thanks for the detailed information, @from2001vr.

A ticket has been created for you regarding the issue with Slack integration. We will have this checked and get back to you with updates via the same. 

Thank you,

Freshdesk Community Team

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hello @from2001vr, thanks for confirming over mail that the issue has been resolved. The installation was unsuccessful because the same slack workspace was installed in another Freshdesk trial instance.

If you are facing issues in the future, kindly drop a mail to support@freshdesk.com and we’d love to help you. Have a good day :)   

Hi @Keer ,

Thank you for your support. I appreciate it.

Masahiro

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @Keer ,

Thank you for your support. I appreciate it.

Masahiro

Sure, Masahiro. I am glad that we could help in sorting out the issue :)